Bringing wine on board

frak

If I pack a bottle of wine to drink in my room,will I be charged a corking fee? Should I pack the bottle in my checked luggage or put it in my carry on?

Thanks in advance!

You have to put it in your carry on. You'll be charged $15 per bottle.

If I do that, will I be walking around with them or will they take them from me and send them to my room? I'm in a Haven Suite so I'm not too worried about being inconvenienced by it but I don't want to have to lug 3 bottles of wine everywhere! They get a little heavy!

On our last cruise, Pearl about a month ago, it was announced (and in the Freestyle daily) that cabins would be available as soon as you board (we boarded about 11:30). The announcement did mention that the cabin attendants would be doing some last minute finishing touches to the cabins however. Don't know if this was a one time thing or now fleet wide.

You have to put it in your carry on. You'll be charged $15 per bottle.

do we have to pay,even if we don't take the wine to dinner?

You are charged $15/750ml to bring the wine onboard. Doesn't matter where you consume it.

Our PCC offered us a bottle of wine when we booked. Will that require a corkage fee? Feels a bit scroogeish if so. Also, this is not indicated on any of our booking documents. Need we get this in writing?

Our PCC offered us a bottle of wine when we booked. Will that require a corkage fee? Feels a bit scroogeish if so. Also, this is not indicated on any of our booking documents. Need we get this in writing?

If the wine is purchased from or provided by NCL, there is no corkage fee.

If I pack a bottle of wine to drink in my room,will I be charged a corking fee? Should I pack the bottle in my checked luggage or put it in my carry on?

Thanks in advance!

We bring on a case or more routinely. Since we fly, we do put it in our checked bags. Never had a problem (knock wood).

Corkage fee is paid on each bottle - $15 per 750-ml bottle. Larger sizes are charged accordingly. No boxed wines allowed.

There is a place to check hand luggage when you board but considering you are in a suite, I would say your butler could take the wine from you and go ahead and place in your cabin IF the room isn't ready yet.

You pay the corkage fee and can enjoy the wine anywhere on the ship - this includes your balcony.

If the travel agent purchased the wine from NCL, there is no additional fee. If they ordered it from another source, yes, there would be a corkage fee charge.

Archived