Alaska on Miracle.

James_Bond_007

I am thinking about taking a family cruise to Alaska in Spring or Summer 2014. There are two options with Carnival, the "Alaska" cruise and the "Glacier Bay" cruise. Both will be on the Miracle. Has anyone said either or both of these? Thoughts? Suggestions?

I am thinking about taking a family cruise to Alaska in Spring or Summer 2014. There are two options with Carnival, the "Alaska" cruise and the "Glacier Bay" cruise. Both will be on the Miracle. Has anyone said either or both of these? Thoughts? Suggestions?

DEFINITELY do the one that includes Glacier Bay.... it's BEAUTIFUL. We took a south-bound from Anchorage to Vancouver on Princess that included Glacier Bay. Must do!!

Are both of them out of Seattle, or somethere in Alaska, so you can also indulge in a couple days on land pre or post cruise??

I vote for the one that includes Glacier Bay as well. It is an amazing place, like no other on earth. There is a restriction on how many cruise ships may visit, and I think Carnival only gets a couple or a few days a year there. We were there in 2006 on Sapphire Princess.

Edit to add:

I just noticed you said 2014 on Miracle. We are also considering Alaska with Carnival in 2014, however, I have not found that they have posted what ship will be sailing there yet. I even asked John Heald on Facebook, and he said that while there will be a Carnival ship in Alaska 2014 it was undetermined what ship it will be. Let me know if you saw a 2014 Carnival Alaska booking open already. I'd like to start looking at booking.

We did the Glacier Bay also, loved it.

Not to mention it is usually a better price, because it is the first or last cruise of the Alaska season for Carnival

We did the last sailing in 2010 on the Spirit.

If you are a Port Shopper, everything was on sale

I got Calendars for 2011 for 50 cents each. ($6.95 retail)

Better than post cards for sure. Everyone got one on my list.

also everything on the ship that had to do with Alaska was 1/2 price or better!

as they were bringing out the Hawaii stuff.

Just some heads up if you are into savings

I vote for the one that includes Glacier Bay as well. It is an amazing place, like no other on earth. There is a restriction on how many cruise ships may visit, and I think Carnival only gets a couple or a few days a year there. We were there in 2006 on Sapphire Princess.

Edit to add:

I just noticed you said 2014 on Miracle. We are also considering Alaska with Carnival in 2014, however, I have not found that they have posted what ship will be sailing there yet. I even asked John Heald on Facebook, and he said that while there will be a Carnival ship in Alaska 2014 it was undetermined what ship it will be. Let me know if you saw a 2014 Carnival Alaska booking open already. I'd like to start looking at booking.

It would have to be the Miracle, unless they bring another ship that size or smaller over here...

Do we even have another Carnival ship on this coast after the splendor leaves?

Edit note: I guess we do have the inspiration here also. But the Miracle is listed for Sept of 2013, so my guess would be she will be doing it for the 2014 season too.

It would have to be the Miracle, unless they bring another ship that size or smaller over here...

Do we even have another Carnival ship on this coast after the splendor leaves?

At this time I'm assuming it will be Miracle also. I was just wondering if there was something for sure yet. I still don't get why the West Coast doesn't have more ships.

Archived