Galveston hotel recommendation - pre cruise

guy&paula

HI

Looking for recommendations for a hotel in Galveston, good, clean, value for money, preferably easy to get to the port. We will also be doing some site seeing beforehand and would appreciate any tips.

thanks

I stayed at the Hilton Galveston Island back in August before our Magic cruise and had no complaints. Nice room, nice pool area, great location facing the beach and near many restaurants. Also, they had a free shuttle to and from the port and free parking (if you are driving or have a rental car). We got a decent AAA rate but booked many months in advance. Rates became more expensive closer to the cruise.

I stayed at the Hilton Galveston Island back in August before our Magic cruise and had no complaints. Nice room, nice pool area, great location facing the beach and near many restaurants. Also, they had a free shuttle to and from the port and free parking (if you are driving or have a rental car). We got a decent AAA rate but booked many months in advance. Rates became more expensive closer to the cruise.

I second this! We stayed there in January 2010 for the Ecstasy and it was a great stay. They have a nice restaurant in the lobby where we ate breakfast, but it was kinda pricy. They do have a free shuttle and I think there was a starbucks in the lobby too! I would stay here again!

We stayed last month at La Quinta at 14th St. Right across the street from the beach which was a real treat. Reasonably priced hotel in pretty good shape. We did not leave our car there, as we already had parking bought close to the ship.

SDC11471_zps922b42fc.jpg

We liked the Comfort Suites .. they have a free shuttle and will let you park in their lot for the cruise. The price was very reasonable for a night and they were clean and had the typical hotel breakfast in the morning.

You may not be able to get a room this late, but they are worth a look. If money is not a concern the Hotel Galvez is a nice stay. But I was just looking for a place to sleep and wanted to keep my money for a few extra drink of the day's.

We have stayed at The Commodre on The Beach seveal time, Quality Inn & the Hilton. They were all clean, The Hilton is the nicest but most expensive, Commodre and Quality inn very reasonable and clean. You can go to galveston.com and look at what is available and check rates. Hope this helps.

Doug

Stayed at the Galvez for 2 nites before our Magic cruise this past summer.

Gorgeous hotel that overlooks the seawall, free parking and shuttle to the port. Not for the budget minded thou. :D

1207771409_2012Cruise007.jpg.e2d1a277d396b1118a1d052ddfd9b093.jpg

Thanks for all the replies, i am struggling to find anything under about $200 p/n, Tremont is about $350 p/n, as we are travelling around the US and adding the cruyise as part of the overall holiday i was hoping for something a bit cheaper....:)

Is there any value in staying further away from the port and using a taxi on the morning, we will also be sight seeing on the 6th?

On that note, any comments on the B17 flights that can be taken? or any other Galveston recommendations?

Thanks

Archived