Whale Watching

Cool Breeze Cruiser

I LOVE St. Lucia! Our 1st time there we did an island tour & the 2nd time we went zip-lining & to Rodney Bay.

We will be in St. Lucia again in January & I REALLY want to do a whale watching tour but all the ones I have checked on only last about 3 hours & arrive back to the ship by noon. Does anyone know of a whale watching tour that is combined with something else like beach time? I would like to see the Pitons again!

A private tour is probably out as there are only 4 of us.

Thanks.

I have done this for the last 10plus years with Hackshaw Boats (Google them).....I put together a group using a roll call at cruise critic....anywhere from 12 to 30 people.....all day event with whalewatching, beach and snorkel time, lunch in Marigot Bay, and back at the ship by 3:30.

Tell Hackshaws that marc sent you, and they will give you some great advice. Easy to do and a great day.

I have never had trouble finding enough people via our roll call, and Hackshaws will give you a good price.

Did you actually see whales, on your excursion?

I have previously taken another whale watching excursion, at St Lucia, via another

outfit.

It was a major disappointment. We bounced around in ocean swells; many people became

nauseated.

We saw absolutely nothing; appeared to be just drifting aimlessly, until the time was up.

On the return to the dock, a crew member advised me, that they hadn't seen whales in three years. Yet they have continued taking peole on these excursions? Appears to be fradulent to me.

I filed a complaint with the organization that reserved it.

Of course, no refunds were offered, because their site will state- that there is

no guarantee of sighting any whales. Even though they honestly KNOW you won't

be doing so.

It sounds like the outfit you experienced is reputable, at least.

I have observed whales at Hawaii and Boston area. A good thing............

Did you actually see whales, on your excursion?

I have previously taken another whale watching excursion, at St Lucia, via another

outfit.

It was a major disappointment. We bounced around in ocean swells; many people became

nauseated.

We saw absolutely nothing; appeared to be just drifting aimlessly, until the time was up.

On the return to the dock, a crew member advised me, that they hadn't seen whales in three years. Yet they have continued taking peole on these excursions? Appears to be fradulent to me.

I filed a complaint with the organization that reserved it.

Of course, no refunds were offered, because their site will state- that there is

no guarantee of sighting any whales. Even though they honestly KNOW you won't

be doing so.

It sounds like the outfit you experienced is reputable, at least.

I have observed whales at Hawaii and Boston area. A good thing............

In three years???!!!!...that is hogwash. We see whales about 80% of the time (Sperm, Pilot and Humpback) and dophins 100% of the time.

Hackshaws is a great outfit..that is why we keep coming back and will be out with them for the day again this coming March.

I have done this for the last 10plus years with Hackshaw Boats (Google them).....I put together a group using a roll call at cruise critic....anywhere from 12 to 30 people.....all day event with whalewatching, beach and snorkel time, lunch in Marigot Bay, and back at the ship by 3:30.

Tell Hackshaws that marc sent you, and they will give you some great advice. Easy to do and a great day.

I have never had trouble finding enough people via our roll call, and Hackshaws will give you a good price.

Thanks for the reply. I have read your reviews & watched your video of Hackshaws in the past & it seems like a great operation. However it is a little pricey to do a private tour since there are only four of us. Maybe we will crusie with you one day so we can try it! :D

We have decided to do the Eco Adventure Tour with Mystic Man Tours this time. This is the info from their site.

Cruise Ship Specials

Mystic Man’s Eco Adventure

The Eco Adventure tours depart from the ferry dock at Pointe Seraphine and La Place Carenage, a two minute walk from the cruise ship terminals. This 5 hour excursion sails south towards Soufriere and the Piton mountains with a chance to encounter wild dolphins along the way. The captain and guide will be happy to share their knowledge of the different species of dolphins spotted during the cruise.

With the Majestic Piton Mountains in sight, the sails roll in and it’s time to step into the crystal clear waters of the Soufriere Marine Reserve. Snorkel over a live tropical reef viewing sponges, sea fans, and a wide variety of reef fish with our snorkel guides close by to offer tips and information.

On the way back, cruise past the fishing villages of Canaries and Anse La Raye and circle historic Marigot Bay

Come join us on the “Mystic” a spacious 52’ sailing catamaran with ample deck space to top up your tan or you can choose to enjoy a few cocktails in the shaded area.

•Tour: 8:30 am to 1:30 pm

•Snorkel equipment provided

•Complimentary: water, sodas, rum-punch, local beer

• Light snacks and fresh fruits

• 3 months later...

Any one done the mystic man eco adventure tour described in the post above? It sound like a great way to spend the day. What is the likelihood of seeing whales and dolphins in January. From the website it looks like they stop at Anse Chastanet beach to snorkel. Any one know if that is correct? I'm looking at this tour for our next trip. Thanks for any information.

Any one done the mystic man eco adventure tour described in the post above? It sound like a great way to spend the day. What is the likelihood of seeing whales and dolphins in January. From the website it looks like they stop at Anse Chastanet beach to snorkel. Any one know if that is correct? I'm looking at this tour for our next trip. Thanks for any information.

We did the Eco Adventure Tour with Mystic Man Tours & it turned out to be BY FAR the best day of our cruise!!!

The scenery was stunning & everyone enjoyed the snorkeling! Unfortunately we did not see whales or dolphins but we had such a great day I don’t think any of us were too disappointed! We did see a lot of flying fish.

There were just thirteen of us on-board that day plus the four crew members so it was almost like having our own private catamaran!

We had the MOST amazing crew! All four members of the crew made an effort to connect with the passengers and provide information regarding the historical sights, the culture and the people of St. Lucia.

Here is a link to my review from our cruise if you are interested. Our day in St. Lucia with Mystic Man Tours starts on page 4.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1775109

Juli

Thanks Juli. Your tour with Mystic Man sounds great. I really enjoyed your review and pictures of the tour. It sounds exactly like what I was looking for.

You are welcome. All six of us agreed the Mystic Man Tour was our favorite day from our cruise & that is saying something because they were all wonderful! :D

Hope you enjoy your cruise & your day in St. Lucia!

Juli

Archived