Anyone onboard during Halloween 2012?

Cwusinbunny

Was on the Fantasy sailing on 10/27/12. The Halloween celebration was scheduled for boarding day, but was cancelled due to the delay in boarding caused by hurricane Sandy. I was pleasantly surprised when they re-scheduled later in the week, the day before pirate night. There was no trick or treating, but we received a bag full of candy in our fish extender that morning for DS (5). There was an adult costume contest at 10:15 PM (too late for us) and a family activity around 8:30 PM in the D Lounge. Almost everyone was wearing a costume - from simple touches all the way up to theatrical quality (Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Queen of Hearts, Vampires, superheroes, you name it). And I mean everyone, not just kids. Note that costumes came out for dinner, not during the day. They also had live music in the atrium.

I love Halloween and typically do the MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom. This was my first cruise ever, and loved - LOVED - the Hallowwen night. The ambiance was just so festive and everyone was in a great mood. You are going to have so much fun!!!!!

I was on the 4 night Dream for Halloween. We were ay Castaway Cay until 5:00pm, early dinner, Believe ( the live show of the night) then ay 10:30. The party started. Fantastic! Dancing, costume contests for adults. The ship is all decorated, beautiful pumpkin carvings, and candy for the kids located around the ship. We did not have kids but I was told there was a bag of candy and treats in the cabins with kids. I can't confirm this but that is what I was told. Costumes go from just a Halloween tee shirt to elaborate. Earlier in the evening there was activities for the kids but we happen to be in the theater at that time. You will love it.

I was on the Dream for Halloween as well. There were alot of costumed individuals. Some great Adult costumes and families with a theme. There were bags of candy given out to the kids and decorations and I think a costume contest. Let's see Disney cruise, halloween, kids amped on sugar, yes it was still stormy but that boat was rockin' on adrenaline!

I was also on the Dream, and when we went up to Cabanas for breakfast on Halloween morning there were huge bowls of candy at the entrance to get the day started right! In the evening, they put more bowls of candy around at various venues (we were sitting at the Bon Voyage bar next to one). Probably 75% of the passengers dressed up, most of them making a huge effort - there was one family dressed up as The Incredibles, quite a few impressive (adult) witches and Draculas, a few Harry Potters... now I'm sorry I didn't take pictures, at the time I thought it would be a little weird to do so.

I thought people were pretty into dressing up for Pirate Night, but turns out they were even more so for Halloween.

Archived