Four in an Inside Cabin

CruisinPaul

I have booked four teenagers in an inside cabin. As i look at the room pictures it looks like two twin beds together and one drop down from the ceiling. Can all four fit in this room. The twin beds together actually look fairly large - are they? Also, has anyone ever requested a roll away bed ? THANKS CRUISIN PAUL

We have frequently put our four kids in an inside...they actually prefer those to the oceanview cabins (no sunlight, so they can sleep late). They are all late teens, early twenties. If you are going to put four in an inside cabin, though, I would make sure they give you a cabin with two upper berths. Otherwise, the rollaway takes up too much room.

I agree that you are much better off with two uppers than trying to squeeze in a roll-away. But did the cruise line allow you to book four kids (without an adult over 25) in one stateroom? This is contrary to Carnival policy...I hope your arrangement is going to be OK.

I am sure there is no problem if you book two adjoining rooms. Both rooms will be assigned to your family. The teens can bunk in the adjoining room. Nobody ever checks to see who is sleeping in which room. It is like having a suite.

We've always booked our kids in their own cabin. Carnival told us they don't have to be adoining cabins, and they never have been (we put the kids in the "cheap seats" and we get a balcony cabins). Carnival said as long the minors with us are traveling with their parents (us) or their legal guardians, they can be put in their own cabin.

Well they are exactly the size of the standard twin. I'd say they are slightly longer but more narrow. Pushed together they should be a true king size but it's more like a queen size. They have special made sheets that fit those special made mattresses. Usually in the insides the twins can be pushed apart and when placed under two upper berth beds there would be plenty of room for 4. Some rooms have one upper and a sleeper sofa that folds down to make another funny sized twin. If you can get a magnifying glass and look at the deck layouts found in the big brouchure you can figure out what type set up you have booked.

Thanks everyone but are those twin beds any larger than normal twin beds - they look it in the pictures

I'll venture they're slightly larger than your normal "twin" beds. When put together I would say they are a strong "queen", maybe even a "king". :)

Interesting information that you received from Carnival, Jersey Girl3. Who did you speak with? We are booked on the Glory 7/2. Carnival would not let us put our two DDs together (ages 19 and 23). So 'officially' I am rooming with the 19 yr old my DH with the 23 yr old. We just need to be certain that our luggage is tagged correctly.

I agree with the other posters, for older teens/young adults who experience late, late nights and a day beginning after 2pm, an inside cabin is the best.

One time we shared one room (mini suite). Maybe it was just 3 females - but there seemed to be alot of clothing, accessories, makeup, etc. Bathroom time was fun! Poor DH had to sit out on the balcony while one was in the shower, one in dressing area and one in the bedroom area getting ready.

We had our family of 5 (15, 15 & 18) in an inside room on the Elation last year. It had 2 uppers 2 lowers and a bed that pivoted out from one of the lowers. We had enough room for all.

I bow down to you on that one...I would lose my mind. It was just hubby and I, and that was all I could stand in one room.

WOW

We've done 4 cruises with all of us (2 adults, two kids under 5) in an interior room. Hasn't been a problem at all. For a while we had the two adults and 1 kid in the big queen/small king size bed, and one in a crib. After they got older, the sleeping arrangements got much better... adults in the big queen/small king and the kids in the upper berths. Haven't had a little one fall out of the bed yet (knock on wood). We have NEVER had a problem with space... think about it... are you on a cruise to sit in your room all day and marvel at how pretty/large it is, or are you there to get out and have some fun! Every person is different with what they want out of their cruise, so I can see where others may have a different opinion. I choose to go "on the cheap" with our rooms so we have more $ to spend in port, on excursions, on the NEXT cruise, etc.

Joe

Cruisinpaul, no the Legend does not have rollaways.

Imp, we always book through my private TA. We've always put our kids in their own cabin. At times, their cabin isn't even very close to ours. It's never been an issue.

The only time we had a problem was when one of our kids was bringing a friend who was under the age of 21. Then we had to book her in the cabin with myself and put my husband in the kids cabin (technically speaking, of course, once onboard we did a switcheroo). They told me the reason we couldn't put her in the cabin with the kids (on paper anyway) was because her parent or legal guardian wasn't on the sailing with her. But our kids were fine without an adult.

If you get a person at Carnival who tells you it can't be done, keep asking for someone else until you get someone who knows better and will give you the correct information. Cruiselines (not just Carnival) are notorious for giving out inaccurate information.

Archived