First time Oceania cruisers.

Lindy028

Hi, we are thinking of booking our first Oceania cruise on Riviera. We are looking at a PH 1 suite and I am looking for some general advice . Our TA says she cannot give us exact suite numbers yet , so are there any we should avoid.

We have previously sailed with Azamara , which we love , but we feel the new pricing and added amenities do not represent VFM for us.

Any other advice would be very much appreciated. What we have read so far sounds wonderful.

Hi, we are thinking of booking our first Oceania cruise on Riviera. We are looking at a PH 1 suite and I am looking for some general advice . Our TA says she cannot give us exact suite numbers yet , so are there any we should avoid.

We have previously sailed with Azamara , which we love , but we feel the new pricing and added amenities do not represent VFM for us.

Any other advice would be very much appreciated. What we have read so far sounds wonderful.

Personally, I don't like being under the pool or buffet on any ship due to potential noise from above! On Oceania as the PHs are all the same, we usually choose a PH3 for that reason as they are mostly under the PH1 and PH2 suites.

I am sure whatever you choose, you'll enjoy a PH and the butler :D.

If you suffer from the motion of the ocean do not book forward cabins

It depends on the ship whether you are looking at the R-class (like Azamara) or the O class ships

I am not sure why your TA cannot give you a cabin number now

I would check out Oceania website & see if you try booking online what is still available for your cruise date

Not sure if that works for the UK site or not

I am sure you will not be disappointed with any cabin

lyn

We took an upsell to a PH3 on a recent Marina cruise and had cabin 10039. We loved the location (which was very quiet) because it was close to the stairs and laundry, but slightly down the hall away from the noise of the stairs/elevators. We had a quick hop up to 11 to use the Lounge. Overall, we were very satisfied with this location. Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you to everyone who has replied , it is much appreciated. We are having doubts about the PH1 now , as we are rather concerned about the noise.

We are going to ask our TA to see what other PH SUITES are available and pin her down to some actual suite numbers.

I may need to pick your brains some more tomorrow , that's if you don't mind.

You seem a very helpful bunch.

Lindy we have just booked and have a PH3 suite for the reasons mentioned by others . Our TA advised us to avoid deck 11 due to the overhang. We are near the elevators but are not too bothered about this.

Hope you get the cabin you want.

Scotslizzy

Scotslizzy ,

I think we are going to opt for PH3 as well. Our TA is very nice but not very experienced with regard to Oceania.

We are now aware of the overhang after watching a video someone had posted on another forum.

This is why these forums are so helpful.

PH2's on 11 are good too. You will not be bothered by the overhang at all. 11004 - 11010 and the opposite side is a great location. Very quiet, near the Executive Lounge and the laundry (no noise from here as it is forwardmost on 11). Just ensure you don't book towards the aft and under the public areas.

We've previously travelled in 11006 and are booked into 11007 for a forthcoming cruise. The PH suites are wonderful.

Glenda

Archived