NCL Epic - showtimes and dinner reservations

maestrotim

I haven't been on NCL in a few years and I was surprised to learn that Epic doesn't have the typical welcome aboard shows and the like which are usually twice per evening. My question is when it comes time to make advance dining reservations, is there a good dinner reservation time to make that won't interfere with the evening entertainment? We do like to eat before the show but not too early. I've been trying to find Epic dailes for the Caribbean but haven't been successful yet. I will be on the 1/12/13 sailing out of Miami.

Thank you!

Tim

I haven't been on NCL in a few years and I was surprised to learn that Epic doesn't have the typical welcome aboard shows and the like which are usually twice per evening. My question is when it comes time to make advance dining reservations, is there a good dinner reservation time to make that won't interfere with the evening entertainment? We do like to eat before the show but not too early. I've been trying to find Epic dailes for the Caribbean but haven't been successful yet. I will be on the 1/12/13 sailing out of Miami.

Thank you!

Tim

Hi Tim! This week is the first Easrten Carribean sailing. At the end of the week we should have a look at the dailies as someone has promised to post them. I will also post them on our roll call.

Cherie

We just got off her. We ate dinner at 5:30 most nights and made the 7 pm shows with no problem. We ate in 4 specialties and Teppenakki was the only one that they said we might not make a 7 pm show after. We made our reservation for 5:30 and still make a 7 pm show without reservations. Our other party got there early so they started at 5:15 it was a amzing FYI.

Just tell your waitor you are trying to make a show.

All the restaurants did seem much busier at 7 with people trying to make the 9 pm shows so I would eat before then if you want to make the 9 pm show.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if you could help. We have never sailed NCL but I am looking to book a last minute for Jan 2013. I see that the reservations for shows like blue man etc are online and assume you can reserve ahead of sailing. I would be choosing this ship solely based on the entertainment options so if I book and am blocked out of reserving any of the main shows, I would be very disappointed.

Can you shed any light on this? I'd say time wise we would be flexible but wonder if these ever have been sold out precruise.

Thanks in advance.

We just got off her. We ate dinner at 5:30 most nights and made the 7 pm shows with no problem. We ate in 4 specialties and Teppenakki was the only one that they said we might not make a 7 pm show after. We made our reservation for 5:30 and still make a 7 pm show without reservations. Our other party got there early so they started at 5:15 it was a amzing FYI.

Just tell your waitor you are trying to make a show.

All the restaurants did seem much busier at 7 with people trying to make the 9 pm shows so I would eat before then if you want to make the 9 pm show.

I wonder if you could help. We have never sailed NCL but I am looking to book a last minute for Jan 2013. I see that the reservations for shows like blue man etc are online and assume you can reserve ahead of sailing. I would be choosing this ship solely based on the entertainment options so if I book and am blocked out of reserving any of the main shows, I would be very disappointed.

Can you shed any light on this? I'd say time wise we would be flexible but wonder if these ever have been sold out precruise.

Thanks in advance.

Answered your question in another thread. Don't worry! You will be able to make specialty dining and entertainment reservations at the 45-day mark (prior to your cruise). You may need to be flexible as to dates and times if one show is not available. Also, people make reservations ahead of time and then change them when they get to the ship or they do not show up at all. There is a standby line for every show.

Archived