Epic Transatlantic 21 Oct - 3 Nov

No. We took 20!!!! :D 10 bottles in each pull-along. You should have seen the taxi drivers face when he picked up what he thought would be a nice light case to put in the boot...

I ABSOLUTELY love it!!!!!

I said it before......and I'll say it again......we would SO get along!! ;)

We were on the same transatlantic cruise and OMG I completely agree the scallops in the Bistro were the smallest I had ever seen and eaten too my daughter said you could see the dissapointment on my face,do you think they were trying to get into the world record book for the smallest scallops ever served at sea?

Hey! We were on same TA as you and we rubbed shoulders with you.

Maybe you didn't realize this but you could order 2 appetizers in pay restaurants .....

We ate in Le Bistro twice ... for free ... Platinum cruisers ... and had scallops plus one other appetizer each time.

Port stops

Azores: we booked a trip with fellow cruise critic members through Lisa Ringelberg. I wouldn't recommend her services - her lack of organisation meant that the trip left without us & had to come back, which as you can imagine made us extremely popular with the other couples on the mini bus!

But, it gave us a taste of the island & we had a fabulous lunch.

St Thomas: by the time we made it through immigration it was after 11, so we just got a cab to town to shop, have lunch & mooch around. The immigration organisation was dire - obviously the logistics of getting a ship full of people cleared is a mammoth task, but I don't think it was handled well at all. Plus, when I asked about the procedure at Guest Services a few days prior, they clearly made it up.

215.JPG

In Lisa's defence I have to say that we were on her vehicle and as soon as she was made aware of the problem she did everything she could to fix it and fix it she did - surely 15mins is hardly a train smash for anyone when you have all day :confused: In any case we thoroughly enjoyed her tour and the meal she arranged for us was delicious and a unique way to experience the island's cuisine. I would use her services again without a doubt.

We typically cruise on Princess, and have Elite status with them. Have only Gold status with NCL. We were on this same sailing of the Epic, and would give the ship and its crew overall a rating of Excellent! The food was very good in main dining rooms and le Bistro and Cagneys; as I am a vegan, the dining room staff was very accommodating to my special dietary needs. The entertainment, in general, was better than on most ships. I would say that portions of the Blue Man Group were good, others not so much. The Legends was good, although the second week was WAY too loud; so much so that you could barely hear the music (although your could feel it throughout your body). Intended to try the Ice Bar, but didn't make it.

Our cabin attendant was adequate, but not great. We had a mini-suite, which gave a bit more room. We didn't have troubles with the bathroom configuration. The wavy walls are a novelty, but they create some issues regarding use of the space, and I think NCL is discontinuing it on future builds.

We love the Freestyle dining! There are waits sometimes, particularly in the Manhattan Room when the Motown show is going on. But there are plenty of things to do while waiting, and it's not like we had anywhere that we HAD to be.

The slides were a blast, particularly the one that I named "The Toilet Bowl Flush."

NCL may very well have topped Princess in my book of favorites!

Archived