snorkel gear

lesd75

Hi, I am looking for some cheap snorkel gear, Barbados is our first port and I was wondering if there are any stores near the pier that would have some? Any ideas on prices? Want to be able to just snorkel off the beach on our own on a few islands during our cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I have visited Barbados, about four times; snorkeled with the turtles twice.

My experience is that it is best to buy snorkel equipment, before your cruise.

Equipment is available at almost all ports. However, I like the peace of mind of selecting

equipment that fits my needs. If you arrive at Barbados-needing to purchase it-the

options might be some what limited. Plus you will waste precious time, finding what you want, IMO.

I am going on a February 2013 cruise; received my shipment of new snorkeling equipment today. Size and features that I wanted. I have booked a few snorkeling excursions-they furnish the equipment if you don't have your own. For sanitary reasons, and proper fit, I prefer using my own.

I have not purchased equipment at Barbados, so I can't comment on pricing.

Hi, I am looking for some cheap snorkel gear, Barbados is our first port and I was wondering if there are any stores near the pier that would have some? Any ideas on prices? Want to be able to just snorkel off the beach on our own on a few islands during our cruise.

I also recomend having your own snorkel especially. Costco's has a decent set, but I have a thinner face & my mask always leaked so this year I bought some from Swim Co & tryed it on first. I don't like salt water in my eyes, and I don't like the idea of a snorkel that's been in someone elses mouth. I don't remember any stores that would be near port selling them for sure.:)

Archived