Freedom in RCL Kids Club ?

skanzig

Do the kids have to do the organized activities on RCL? Or is it more like Disney where the kids can pick to do the activities or do something on their own? I have a son who is very into playing by himself and likes to do things on his own. I have another son who will do all the group activities. We want to sail RCL, but want to see if both would be a good fit for the kids club.

Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines my kids have been on encourage kids to enter the group activities more than DCL does. There will be certain times when they'll allow the kids to have a choice of activities and other times when they'll expect the kids to participate in the group activity. They will ask the kids what they want to do though, rather than Disney which has a more defined schedule. The age groups are also more segregated than on Disney. The 3-5 age group, for example, will rarely mix with the 6-8 age group.

Yes they will try to encourage him to play with the group. They don't like to leave anyone out.

I remember one boy on Indy wanted to play on the computer by himself the whole week. The mother was trying to get the counselors to allow him to do it and the counselors were trying to explain to her that if HE stayed on the computers all week long then the other kids would want to stay on the computers all week long.

So they told her that he had to do the program. They do have "free time" built into the program - pending on age.

Archived