Pics Posted of St.Thomas, St. John and BVI

KVR

ok- i priced the wyndham for the AI- and its 520 more pp then jsut buying the room. This is Sunday through Friday- I know you stated that it is expensive to eat there-- but we are talking 1040.00 to eat and drink for the duration. I am thinking 100 per day for food for both of us. Is my budget too low? or is paying over1000. to eat really reasonable?

I think $100 per day for the two of you is going to be on the low side. A restaurant dinner alone can cost the two of you $100 (with tip) and you can add cab fare to that. And we're not even talking breakfast/lunch here.

We stayed 5 nights and with airfare from Phillie our trip came to $3200. We booked the whole thing on line through the hotel's web site. I think to park our car at a lot by the airport cost $50 for the 5 days.

KVR gave a pretty accurate report of the prices when he/she said:

"
We did eat burgers in Charlotte Amalie. 2 burgers, 1 fry, and 1 coke was $27.00. A basket of 8 buffalo wings at Paradise Point was $9.00. Drink prices at Duffy's started around $7.00 for their speciality drinks. In St. John we paid $4 for 1/2 cup of coconut ice cream. 1 hotdog and 1 lemonade at Coral World was $10. 1 hot dog at Trunk Bay was $7.00. 2 pina colados at Trunk Bay $16.00.
"

We went in April during Carnival but hotel prices supposedly get really cheap in August. I've done some comparison shopping and that appears to be true.

My food bill and transportation bills will be seperate. After seeing the page withthe taxi prices..I figured that one about right. 50 bucks or more per day just in taxi then add the price of the ferries. spp 200 a day for food doesnt sound too bad now does it..lol

We also paid $3,200 for 6 nights. I kept watching on various sites pricing and when it got down to $3,200, I called my TA and she booked it for me.

We didn't go off the property on our own but a few times; Coral World/Coki Beach, Duffy's and Paradise Point, so that helped with the taxi fares. The tours we took covered everything we wanted to see and included transporation.

We spent an additional $1,800 for the tours, shopping, food/drink off property, taxi and other things. I took $1,000 in cash and charged $800 to our credit card. That was one of the main reasons we skipped the Spa.

As we were leaving, the doorman thanked us for coming to the Island and asked if we would be returning. I told him probably not it was too expensive and there was just as nice beaches and resorts elsewhere that didn't cost so much. He said "I agree".

wow-- that is a lot of money for a vacation-- 4,000 I can cruise twice for the both of us. As much as I would love st thomas.. I think I better sit back and breathe for a bit. I thank you both for all your help. It was soo much appreciated. Helped me put things in prespective.

For prespective, we just booked an Alaskan cruise on NCL for May 2006. Cruise fare $2,800 for the lowest balcony cabin. Shore excursions $1,200 - 1 excursion for each port (4 ports) and does not include any helicopter or air flights/float planes or the dog sledding, $800 for air fare to Seattle on SouthWest, $1,000 spending money for hotel in Seattle, taxis, dining to and from, 1 tour in Seattle, drinks/speciality restuarants on ship, and misc. expenses. Total = $5,800.

The tour prices are for 2005 which went up signafically from 2004. I hate to see the 2006 prices.

I've done two Carnival Cruises in the past which I hated. I've booked the Alaskan cruise 3 years in a row and cancel every year and went somewhere else due to the expense and the fact I really don't enjoy cruises. (Too many people in one place and not enough time in port) However, DH says we have to go this time. I'm sure a different iteniary might not be as high priced, but for the Caribbean, I want more than a few hours to spend on a Island.

I think the days of low cost cruising are just all about gone. IFor each of my cruises I kept costs down to around 2,000 for both of us for everything--cruise, air, hotel, excursion etc.etc. I have begun to plan for next year and the prices per day is getting high. Cant believe the end of August for a princess is over 1300pp. I guess the industry did bounce back. I cant see paying 5,000 for a one weeks vacation. (I am basically poor...lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived