Sunscreen allergy...

jkroach

I have found that I am allergic to pretty much every sunscreen I have tried. I think the only thing I can use are sunscreens that are considered "barrier-only", containing titanium dioxide only. Does anyone know of a brand of water-proof sunscreen that is barrier-only? Anybody else have this problem?

I'm allergic to many kinds of sunscreen. I use the brand No-Ad. This seems to be the only brand I don't have a problem with. I don't know if it's "barrier only" though.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

days until we sail on the Inspiration 5/30/04

Are you sure your allergy is to the sunscreen and not the sun itself? For years I thought I was allergic to sunscreen, only to find out I was sensitive to the sun. I would get little red itchy bumps on my skin after being in the sun. The problem with the sunscreen came in because it seemed to make the rash worse.

I tried every sunscreen on the market, even those recommended by a dermatologist. The only one, for some odd reason, that doesn't bother me is Australian Gold Exotic Blend Spray Gel.

The other way I avoid the rash is before going on vacation, I go to the tanning salon. I try to get some color just a little at a time. The rash starts up after the second or third exposure, but if I then lay off for a day or two, and go back to the salon, it calms down and my body seems to accept the sun okay after that.

Every time I skip easing my skin into the sun slowly, I find myself on vacation trying to squeeze in 7 days of sun and the rash I get is horrendous.

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

My wife and I use spf75 sunblock.I would be doomed if I could not use it as we both are white as snow and incinerate in the sun very easily.

Alaska (my BIG 50)Serenade of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;8;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Try Ombrelle. My hubbys dermatologist recommended it for him , he has suffered all above complaints. Worked great. Contains NO PABA, which many people are in fact allergic to.

Sun beds make me itch , but like another poster said it goes away after 4 or 5th visit.

Archived