Arring NYCity on NCL Jewel - need help with an inexpensive hotel.

Having trouble with hotels - do not want to pay an arm and a leg as we are coming from Australia and our exchange rate is not crash-hot. An hotel that someone has previously stayed at. Clean and reputable !:confused:

Two words....good luck!

Hard to find a cheap hotel in NY. My advice is the farther away from midtown the cheaper the hotels. Try searching the internet sites. I am sure others will have better advice for you.

Only bad thing about NYC...prices, prices, prices.

unfortunately unless you use priceline, ts hard to get a "good" price. Priceline won't give you the name of the hotel until after you win the bid. It gives you the number of stars and general location....from what I have heard the hotels in NYC are generally ok...

Have you tried searching this thread. I remember some time ago there was a thread that mentioned some names. I think one hotel mentioned was the Hotel Pennsylvania. It is right across from Penn Station. It is a little run down, but not horrible.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Sorry I cannot be more help, but the only hotel I stayed in NYC was in Times Square and $300/night:eek: . It was nice though.:rolleyes:

P.S. - a good internet site for information on different NY hotels in citysearch.com. I have found their information to be very reliable and accurate. Hope this help. Sorry about before, I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I too have tried to find a descent room for cheap in NYC...gave up on that a few years back. No matter what you pay...u usually end up in a very small room (but with a great view typically for the higher priced rooms),

Inexpensive in NY is relative. I think you can find some good deals. I have booked through Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz. They are all reliable websites. I book a lot of hotels in NY for work. If you have a specific question regarding a hotel, I can probably help.

There are three or four Holiday Inns in NYC. These are all clean and reputable. Search for Holiday Inn New York and you should be able to get rate of under $150.00 per person per night. Have a great trip

We go to New York every November for a few days. The best for the price we have found that is a chain you can count on is Comfort Inn on 46th street 1/2 block off Time Square. It also has a free continental breakfast that can save you a lot. Also, there is a Super 8 near there that is ok. The Milford Plaza is rather old and worn, but great location about one block off Time Square. Any of these would be fine. You probably won't spend much time in the room anyway and you would be close to everything in any of these.

The Skyline is relatively inexpensive at 1skyline.com 5 blk walk from Times Square, 2 blk walk from the pier. Not the Taj but the family stays there a couple of times a year for shows & shopping - clean & good location.

This informations may help you:

Newark

EWR004 FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES BY MARRIOTT May 01 - Sep 30 *INCL CBF * About $78

618-50 ROUTES 1 & 9 SOUTH, TEL: (973) 242-2600

EWR008 FOUR POINTS SHERATON NEWARK AIRPORT May 01 Sep 30 INCL ABF About $78

901 SPRING STREET, NEWARK, TEL: (908) 527-1600

EWR012 RAMADA INN NEWARK AIRPORT May 01 - Sep 30 *INCL CBF * About $83

550 ROUTE 1 SOUTH, TEL: (973) 824-4000

EWR 003 SHERATON NEWARK AIRPORT May 01 - Sep 30 About $119

Midtown

NYC 001 PENNSYLVANIA HOTEL May 01 - Aug 31 About $143

401 7TH AVE AT 33RD STREET, TEL: (212) 736-5000

NYC072 TRAVEL INN May 01 - Aug 31 About $149

515 WEST 42ND STREET, TEL: (212) 695-7171

NYC 005 MILFORD PLAZA HOTEL May 01 - Sep 05 About $162

270 W. 45TH STREET, TEL: (212) 869-3600

NYC065 HOTEL NEWTON May 01 - Aug 31 About $126

2528 BROADWAY (BTW 95&96TH ST.), TEL: (212) 678-6500

NYC Chinatown

NYC 069 WINDSOR HOTEL May 01 Jun 30 About $146

108 FORSYTH STREET, TEL: (212) 226-3009 Jul 01 Sep 30 About $128

Good Luck

The Skyline is relatively inexpensive at 1skyline.com 5 blk walk from Times Square, 2 blk walk from the pier. Not the Taj but the family stays there a couple of times a year for shows & shopping - clean & good location.

Good hotel, really close to the pier and much cheaper if you book it through one of the online sites.

Hi,

The Edison on 47th street is a short distance from the pier. It would be a cab ride.

Stay there every year twice a year. The adress is 228 w 47th street. Telephone number is 212-840-5000 or 1-800-637-7070. Alot of groups stay here for convenience. Clean and close to all attractions . Website is www.edisonhotel.com or the Portland also on 47th is arount 130 for a double which has just been remodeled. Restaurant right across the street. The Evergreen. I am definetly not a travel agent but enjoy NY. So we know our around.

We are from NC.

email me at robbinsjj@earthlink.net and will give you name of manager

Janie

Archived