late night port hole cleaning

Has anyone else had this experience? my husband and I were fast asleep and were woken up by banging. It was about 4am. Our curtains were open and to our amazement a man was hanging outside our window cleaning it. He had a harness and a head lamp. Our cabin was on deck 6. The ship was the majesty by the way.

i know its not funny but wont say what nearly hapened when i just read that!! :D

Hilarious but can imagine how it must have frightened you. You wouldnt think you would need to draw the curtains in the middle of the night , in the middle of the sea, half way up the ship but you just never know.... :eek:

That is so funny but must have been scarey for you! Would not have made any difference cleaning our window (431) as the seals had gone and in between the panes of glass it was "steamed up". Just like having net curtains!! Wonder if these windows have been replaced since Sept as there were lots of them. :rolleyes:

That is so funny but must have been scarey for you! Would not have made any difference cleaning our window (431) as the seals had gone and in between the panes of glass it was "steamed up". Just like having net curtains!! Wonder if these windows have been replaced since Sept as there were lots of them. :rolleyes:

Replacing porthole windows is expensive, not something they will do as long as the old ones remain watertight.

Strange the picture does only show on a browser refresh,

think have to go and have a lie down ? :rolleyes:

anyone else had probs ?

Stevie:confused:

ps too much multitasking today working at home and also monitoring you nice people ;) you never know I maybe a part time moderator :cool:

Archived