Shore Excursions in Jamacia

dlawrence

WE did a snorkel , catamaran through the ship once. It stopped at Margaritaville and a snorkel site. All the booze was included after the snorkel. It got pretty wild. We are not exactly youngsters (64) , but we really enjoyed that. Did the Black River Safari once, where you ride across the island in a small bus, (what a ride )! ), then you take a boat ride up the Black River, see crocs , etc. Then , we did the island tour to Hell, and the turtle farm, were not real crazy about that one. Hope this helps a little.

Will be sailing on the Independence of the Sea March 10, 2013; what are the best excursions others have taken.;)

I see your cruise calls on Falmouth Jamaica. When we stopped there we took a taxi to an All Inclusive, Iberostar suites. RC offers an excursion to their adjacent property, Iberostar Beach. it was a wonderful day, if you are looking for a beautiful beach day. The property is new, clean, the food was good, the swim up bar fun...we walked over to Beach, along the beach and were greeted instantaneously by a waitress asking us if we wanted a cocktail. Then she showed us to the swim up bar. We had a drink there and met up with folks who were there with RC's excursion.

If you want to venture to Ocho Rios to climb Dunns River Falls, go with a ship excursion- it is about an hour ride and can be unforeseen traffic on your return trip.

Tubing was also a wonderful experience when we were in Jamaica. It really depends on your likes!

Have a wonderful time.

I forgot to mention, the beach here was pristine. Free of any rocks or shells to get into the ocean.

We have been there 2 times and both times I have gone a Horseback Ride up in the mountains and then change horses and go in the ocean. I took my daughter-in-law with me the last time and she said it was the best excursion she had ever been on. You have to book it online (just google horseback riding in Jamaica). They pick you up at the terminal and take you back.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from our Caribbean cruise. HIghlight of the trip was a trip to the Secret Falls with Barrett Adventures (http://www.barretadventures.com). Our guide, Loxley, was wonderful and Kevin at the Secret Falls was very attentive and encouraging. He took our cameras and swam ahead of us to take pictures of us in the waterfalls! Unlike Dunns Falls, at the Secret Falls you can swim. Would recommend you look at some of their excursions.

Archived