Experienced Tahitian Cruisers--Information, Please

GJH123

To all who have cruised Tahiti with Oceania:

I have seen references to welcoming children's dance groups on some of the islands. They looked adorable in their baby grass skirts. When I inquired with a private guide, she indicated that they would be available if the ship requested it. Did Oceania provide any of these experiences in the past? This is one show we don't want to miss.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have seen references to welcoming children's dance groups on some of the islands. They looked adorable in their baby grass skirts. When I inquired with a private guide, she indicated that they would be available if the ship requested it. Did Oceania provide any of these experiences in the past? This is one show we don't want to miss.

While not an answer to your direct question I can tell you if you visit Honolulu you might be luckly to catch Halau Hula Olana a kid's hula program which brings down the house. Princess usually features them, also Cunard and RCI. I have often visited a ship in port just to catch the show.:)

Don't know what O offers in the way of local cultural events. But I can tell you that the kids group in Raiatea is AMAZING!!! And, if you are going to the Marquesas, hopefully you'll have a chance to see the dance association in Atuona perform the haka for you.......FIERCE!!!!

Don't know what O offers in the way of local cultural events. But I can tell you that the kids group in Raiatea is AMAZING!!! And, if you are going to the Marquesas, hopefully you'll have a chance to see the dance association in Atuona perform the haka for you.......FIERCE!!!!

Hi vaitape,

Can you tell us where you saw the dance association perform or any information on them. Thanks very much!

Tropiclady

Hi vaitape,

Can you tell us where you saw the dance association perform or any information on them. Thanks very much!

Tropiclady

We saw them perform at the "town square" which is close to the museum in Atuona....a magical village on Hiva Oa. I don't remember the name of the association unfortunately. Do you speak French? There is a family that runs a pensione in Atuona. They are involved with the dance association. They speak limited English but if you can communicate in French, perhaps you can obtain more details about performances while you are there. Email me at vaitape at aol dot com for their email address.

Archived