Carnival Sunshine May 5, 2013

TYinPalmSprings

We have been booked on this cruise. We have both been on many cruises over the years. We realize that it is the old Destiny (dun it), but we are more interested in a quick jaunt to several of the cities on the itinerary, cities that we don't think warrant a separate trip to see. That includes places like Monaco, Mallorca, Messina, and Marseille, The larger, or more popular stops like Rome, Florence, and Naples we dedicated longer land visits in the past. At the end we will be staying on a few more days in Barcelona, but have not yet decided on a hotel. We are in port just about all the days, so for us the ship is a place to sleep, get a few ok meals, get us to the next stop and meet some new folks along the way. Any others out there taking, or considering, this cruise?

Ty & Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ty and Jerry, we are Tom and Joe from Florida. We are booked as well, and are looking at this trip very much as you have described. Do you guys have facebook ? If so, let me know it would be easy to chat. Any tours you have booked? The only port we have spent lengthy time in is Rome.

Looking for others to meet as friends along the way. Chime in, people.

We have not booked any shorex or made plans yet for any of the ports. We know we will be arranging something for Herculaneum. The ship offeres a Rome tour that hits the Angels & Demons path and structures. That one has turned Jerry's head. We are coming in a day early to Venice, in addition to the extra days at the end in Barcelona. We can talk more by E mail or Facebook. Jerry and I both are on there. Ty Silvia and Jerry Day

We just booked our hotel in Venice. A small, old place we found, run by two brothers, decorated in an old Venetian style, on a small canal, just around the corner from the Grand Canal, and just over 100 bucks, breakfast included. We got the last room available. We toyed with staying in Mestre where we can get a nice place cheaper, but decided it was a hassle trekking back and forth by bus or train which would also be an extra cost, plus we can check out a bit later in the morning, We wanted to best utilize our time there, and, hey, why not stay in the heart of things as we will probably only be there once. Now we will be working on the 2 nights in Barcelona

• 2 weeks later...

We booked at the Antony which has a pre cruise special. It has a pick up at the airport as well as a drop off Sunday at the port, included with breakfest. We did a lot of research. Their shuttle also goes into Venice, I believe for 5€. We arrive on Luftonsia at noon Saturday, we will go to the hotel, shower, nap and change and book a dinner and gondola probably.

We are still wondering what to do for Barcelona. We have two nights there. What hotels have you intrigued? I sent you a Facebook friend request this evening Ty. Jerry's did not show a friend request option. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! We are two couples from Washington state booked on the Carnival Sunshine cruise departing May 5, 2013 from Venice. Arriving in Venice May 3, 2013 to spend 2 nites prior to boarding ship. Anyone interested in sharing tours in Rome or Naples? We heard booking through RIL Tours (RomeInLimo Tours www.romeinlimotoursharing.com) is a good way to go but this is our first trip to Europe so don't really know. Also, anyone familiar with transportation options from airport to hotel in Venice (Bonvecchiati next to St Mark's Square)? Get different answers from Carnival depending who you talk to. Looking forward to a wonderful cruise and meeting new people! Barb & Dennis swanson1999@comcast.net

Hello all, I just found out about this site from a friend. We are on the Carnival Sunshine May 5, 2013. This is our second Carnival Cruise. We did Mexico with Carnival in 2010 we have done Europe with another line in 2008 to other ports of call from Barcelona . We have another couple friends also going on this cruise but we are not flying in together. We are boomers from the San Francisco Bay Area I am

Leslie and my husband is Rick we arriving in the evening on may 3. We are staying at the Santa Maria Hotel near Rialto. It is a little pricey but is a converted 13 century convent so we wanted the experience. We have a couple nights in Barcelona too. It we are not confirmed on our hotel yet. We are looking to share tours with others as I am so sick of the large buses and groups. We Also are curious about good transfer deals from the airport to our hotel as well as the hotel to the ship We hope to meet other people and we hope this is a great cruise for all.

Archived