Allure Gluten Free

nursewurmy

Hi,

I've no experience of the Allure but have read as much as I can here about GF; had a mediocre experience on Navigator last year but my understanding is that the new menus have specific GF items listed.

You should email special_needs@rccl.com (note the underscore) and let them know that you are GF.

I've read that you can get GF pizza, pancakes as well as bread. Main course dishes in the MDR can be prepared without Gluten on request.... last year I was given the menu for the following day and those dishes were prepared specifically for me. What I noted mostly visually was the sauce being different. The bread was not good, even toasted, though I've read that there has been an improvement there too.

If you intend to eat in a specialty restaurant you should give them a heads up before you go.... again my experience in Portofinos last year was not great... the Head Waiter in the MDR had assured me he would handle it.... he didn't.

Hopefully someone with Allure specific experience will respond.

I did contact RCCL and was told that they can provide gluten free anywhere on the ship. However, I was wondering what others personal expierence has been. I know the bread will probably be awful. I however think almost all gf bread is horrible, except for Bobs Red Mill Hearty Whole Grain, which is AWESOME if you have not tried it. I have gotten into making my own bread as it is all I can stomach. I am on contract in South Dakota on an Indian Reservation so GF has been a challenge to say the least. At home in Dallas we have restaurants that JUST do GF dining, and I am spoiled. If all else fails you can eat a tamale, which is naturally GF and wonderful to eat! I just have to be careful, because I get sick very easy. We are going to try to eat in the speciality restaurants each night rather than the dining room. I guess we shall see.

Becky

Hi,

Mum and I are travelling on Voyager in 2wks and I have been told that mum should go and see the dining manager when we board.

When I rang royal Caribbean they did say that the main dining room is where mum would need to eat?

Hopefully all will be ok (it doesn't help that she doesn't eat chicken or fish either).

Archived