Grande Denali Lodge/Denali Bluffs Hotel

jcmh

Has anyone booked either of these hotels recently? Do they have a 3 night minimum? When I try to book online, and put in our dates, it automatically goes to a 3 night stay. I called their reservation number and she said if I wanted to use the Northern Lights Coupon I would have to call their sales office. I called and got an answering machine and left a message but got no call back. I tried calling back the first reservations number and I got a message there too and no call back? Any suggestions?

I was playing around with their website the other day checking on pricing. It seems that when you put in dates, only click the dates of the nights that you want to stay rather than the check in and check out dates. In other words, click in you are checking in on June first and checking out June third, only click June 1 and 2 - it should then work.

The Grande Denali is higher on the canyon hillside than the Denali Bluffs. The Grande Denali is not walkable to "Glitter Gulch" while the Denali Bluffs is not walkable for most (since many folks would not be wiling or able to walk back up the hillside).

While the hubby and I have stayed at both the Princess and McKinley Chalet complexes we have never stayed at either the Grande Denali nor the Denali Bluff. However, we have eaten several times at the Grande Denali, and have always enjoyed the meals. The dining room views are wonderful.

The McKinley Chalet is a very large complex often filled to the brink with tour groups; the same applies to the Denali Princess. Given the size of both complexes, a guest will definitely get their exercise :)

Denali Bluffs and Grande Denali have the same owners. In my opinion, the Bluffs is the better of the two simply for location since you can walk to several restaurants and multiple souvenir shops. Towering "high" above it is the Grande Denali, a newer complex but not necessarily better. Access is via a dirt road with several switchbacks up the mountain. Got to admit the view is nice but the place seems to have an unfinished look to it with signs of wear and tear. Doesn't help when you build it on a site that seems precariously perched on the hillside and is less than a mile from the Denali faultline :).

Archived