Access time to Port Canaveral

Muumuu

From our own experience, the earliest we were able to enter the port was 9:45 and that was because we have a handicap placard. We were told that we couldn't park until 10AM as people were still getting off the ship, but when I asked about handicap spots, I was told I could park.

There are spots both inside and outside. Neither were a long walk to the building to check in. They do not check boarding passes when going to the parking lot, but they do to get into the terminal.

I say all this based on using the "old" terminal as we have not used the new one yet.

If you are driving in the day of your cruise you may want to take a look at this site:

www.parkcruise.com for another parking option. I have friends that have used them and they were satisfied with the service and of course the rate compared to port parking rates.

Port parking is $15.00/day- that includes:eek: arrival and departure day.

www.portcanaveral.com

Rates are subject to change without notice. Contact the Canaveral Port Authority at 321-783-7831 for the latest information.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Parking at Port Canaveral sucks when we were there about 6 months ago - and they do not provide free parking for HC unless you have a modified vehicle with a lift and the placard. We used the park and ride and it was nice and efficient, dropped us off right at the door but the line was long by the time we got there at noon. We had a suite booked and our friends were in a balcony next to us so they let them go through security with us but at the top of the escalator they had to go their separate way. We saw them on the ship about a 1/2 hour after we got on.

I have to say we use Park n Cruise also. It is a lot cheaper than parking at the port. When we were on Dream we arrived at the Park n Cruise about 10 and we were in a shuttle to the port within 15 minutes.

When we were debarking, we had zone 1 and the van was already there. We were the first two on it and I really thought we would have to wait for it to fill up, but after about 5 minutes, the driver took off and we were on the way to our car.

When we got back to their lot, the driver pulled up to our car, put the suitcases in the trunk and we were ready to leave. Great service and the extra tip to the driver was certainly worth it. We have them booked for our next two cruises.

Earliest you can enter Port Canaveral?

Do they check boarding passes at security entry at the Port?

Reason is grandson is in my cabin but traveling with his mother.

Handicapp parking at the port? Close?

Back in April, we were in the port building at 8:30 AM. Yes, boarding passes are needed. When you print the passes, you'll be given two options-print individually or all in one. I suggest that you and your DGS's mom print the passes individually. That way any who get to the port before the others can still enter the port building.

We did not drive so I cannot help with parking.

Archived