Renewal of Vows Onboard (Magic) or in Port

parrotthead

Hi! :)

I am helping my niece plan her Renewal of Vows onboard the Magic, Dec 2013, for her 10 year anniversary. (Ive been on the Magic a couple times, Love the ship)

Does anyone have any experience they could share with me, Esp from the Magic? (but interested in any experience you had)

Stories?

Pictures would be great!

Is it only done in the Chapel or Club, or is there an OnDeck option?

~Please dont tell me to do a search or call Carnival, I am looking for Real opinions and experiences~ :)

Thanks

Her other option is to do it in One of the ports, but I am having trouble finding anything *I* like in that case... would love suggestions there too. ( GrandCayman, Cozumel, Jamaica itinarary --Im not a fan of Jamaica tho)

I don't have any experience personally. But I wouldn't plan to do it in a port. Itineraries can change, and if you miss the port for some reason, all your planning was for nothing. :( On one of our cruises, a large group was on board for a wedding planned for St. Thomas. Although it was January, the seas were very rough and we ended up skipping the port. They ended up being married by the ship captain, but it was definitely not the wedding they wanted or planned or paid for! Just something to consider.

I don't have any experience personally. But I wouldn't plan to do it in a port. Itineraries can change, and if you miss the port for some reason, all your planning was for nothing. :( On one of our cruises, a large group was on board for a wedding planned for St. Thomas. Although it was January, the seas were very rough and we ended up skipping the port. They ended up being married by the ship captain, but it was definitely not the wedding they wanted or planned or paid for! Just something to consider.

lol. Yes, I have told my niece that... She 'really wants' to be remarried on the beach, (since they had a quicky JP wedding befor her (now) husband was deployed before) . I think GrandCayman is beautiful (My favorite port), and altho Ive never had to miss it, I know its possible. :)

Thanks for the reminder.

I have seen renewals all over the ship including the atrium, but they do not do them outside on the open decks. They won't perform them on Embarkation Day or formal nights and it wholly depends on the captain's schedule if done on the ship. I'm not sure if they do them on the beach, for that you'd have to call Carnival most likely (I know, not what you want to hear). You could plan for off the ship, not through Carnival, but it puts you at risk if the ship doesn't dock in said port and Carnival doesn't have to do anything for you, just like with Shore Excursions.

We wanted to be married at sea, but since that's not possible on Carnival, we are signing the paperwork before we leave and booked a vow renewal to have an on-ship wedding. So far working with the vow renewal people has been a breeze. You can book the VR in advance, but you won't know anything definite until you get on the ship. They will meet with you the first night, go over the venue and date options and give you a tour around if you need it. If she's planning on having a reception with a DJ or piano player, I'd book ahead of time, just so you're guaranteed those services. If you have a DJ, you're automatically in the nightclub; piano player (I think) guarantees you the piano bar. We are hoping for the Chapel and have been guaranteed a reception in the Piano Bar by booking the pianist.

FYI: The Dream class ships don't have chapels (only Spirit class), so it'd most likely be in one of the lounges or meeting rooms like the Green Room on Glory or Tapestry Room on Liberty.

I hope this helps--I'd also check out the aforementioned Honeymoon Boards there is a wealth of information over there.

Just renewed our vows on the Liberty last month, but we opted for a private ceremony in the Piano bar.. Are traveling with a large group? The one thing I didn't like about Carnivals vow renewal package ( well, ok, there were LOTS) was that I couldn't call the shots as to where and when... Didn't have any interest in the photographer, small group...

then again, We renewed our vows in front of 17 of our best friends, with our maid of honor and her husband officiating the ceremony.... How does it get better than that?

I can expand on how I handled it if you wish...

I have seen renewals all over the ship including the atrium, but they do not do them outside on the open decks.

I hope this helps--I'd also check out the aforementioned Honeymoon Boards there is a wealth of information over there.

Thanks! Exactly the kind of info am looking for. (when is your wedding/cruise?) Which ship are you on?

I think the lobby or the like would be nice! She is not into cruising as much as I am, so Im a bit more excited about the ship option then she is... lol.

(the in port option, I know it would be local, and not thru the ship, Im just covering my bases) ;)

Would love to see pic/hear about how yours works out. So are you doing the '2nd' Renewal option that Carnival offers, the one with the Cocktail party? thats the one DN (Tiffany) is leaning toward.

Just renewed our vows on the Liberty last month, but we opted for a private ceremony in the Piano bar..

the ceremony.... How does it get better than that?

I can expand on how I handled it if you wish...

Would LOVE any details you would like to share... (and pics?)

We will be a small group as well, (around 20, including Neice and N-i-L) I think the main thing is she wants something that is not in a Club or other 'closed in room'. (?) at least thats the impression Im getting from her...

Questions:

*which package did you choose ($ or $$) ?

*were you offered a choice of times/days/locations?

or was it 'your event will be XXX'

*how was the cake? :) (important to me, I LOVE cake)

Anything else... :)

Thanks! Exactly the kind of info am looking for. (when is your wedding/cruise?) Which ship are you on?

I think the lobby or the like would be nice! She is not into cruising as much as I am, so Im a bit more excited about the ship option then she is... lol.

(the in port option, I know it would be local, and not thru the ship, Im just covering my bases) ;)

Would love to see pic/hear about how yours works out. So are you doing the '2nd' Renewal option that Carnival offers, the one with the Cocktail party? thats the one DN (Tiffany) is leaning toward.

We are getting married on the Pride in January. We elected for the more expensive option because we are treating it as our wedding and we wanted the reception portion. There are 17 in our group, so it's small group of friends and our immediate families. I'll definitely post a review when we get back.

We are getting married on the Pride in January. We elected for the more expensive option because we are treating it as our wedding and we wanted the reception portion. There are 17 in our group, so it's small group of friends and our immediate families. I'll definitely post a review when we get back.

Will look forward to it. The one with the cocktail party, thats the one she is leaning toward too. Congratulations! Im sure it will be beautiful!

Archived