Need Temperature Advise for July

LAFFNVEGAS

Hi, In almost 6 weeks we will be going on Holland America's MS Maasdam for a 7 day cruise up the New England coast to Nova Scotia. I am wondering how to pack and what the average temps might be. Being desert rats and living in temps that are already in the 100's this could be a shock to our system or a pleasant cool down. I am guessing it could be similiar to our Alaska cruise last May, maybe a bit warmer. Will it be too cold for wearing shorts?

Thanks for your help.

July, here in New England, you could experience day time temps on land depending where you are in the 80s to 90s. Evenings, especially on the water, will be cool. Probably 60s most nights (if not cooler). It hasn't gotten out of the 40s (highs) here for the past several weeks and we are having a cold May, but that may or may not be indicative of the rest of the summer. Check back in a little closer to your sailing and we can tell what the weather has been like and what you might expect. Regardless, I am sure it will be a shocker, but could be a pleasant surprise to you.

Usually in my part of New England - the temp the beginning of July will be 75-80 - but cooler on the coast. Usually there is very little humidity the beginning of July - rather we have approx 1-2 weeks the end of July beginning of August that is humid and very warm.

I was on a business trip to Michigan the beginning of May and we are 1 month behind them in weather & leaves - we still do not have full leaves yet and it has rained just about all month and we are not expected to have sun until perhaps next Wednesday.

Bar Harbor is 259 miles northeast of Boston so our weather will be a little bit different than southern part of New England - usually cooler and less humid.

Weather is about the same as Nova Scotia, but with less fog....The last I knew "they" were thinking about changing Maine to the Atlantic time zone from Eastern time (Hope they have decided not to!) but we are more eastern than the rest of New England ... Maine is always a little different from anywhere else - lol

I hope you have a wonderful time - enjoy our beautiful state. Jan

Thanks so much for all your information.

Jan, It sounds like I will have an enjoyable cool down from Las Vegas.

I am so looking forward to seeing New England since we have never been to that part of the US. DH and I are originally from Iowa and moved to Las Vegas in 1978.

Archived