$80 enough for the day?

mrsd912

Hello all!

DH and I will be stopping in Antigua on our next cruise, and we were planning on heading to Dickenson Bay for the day. I'm putting together a budget for out trip, and I estimated $80 for the day in Antigua but wasn't sure if this is enough.

We plan on taking a cab to the beach, renting a couple chairs and umbrella, having lunch there, and taking a cab back to the port. We don't drink alcohol, and don't plan on participating in any of the water sports. We're just looking for a nice, relaxing beach day.

So, should $80 get us this beach day, or should we plan on more cash?

TIA!!

From St. John's and back should be about $25 US for two

Renting chairs/umbrellas should be about $20US ($5 apiece or so, unless you can work a deal, which is entirely possible)

That leaves you with about $35 US for lunch, which is possible (but a *bit* of a stretch) at Pepperz n Lime, but a little less likely if you're going to Coconut Grove.

I'd say to bump the budget for 2 to $100 US, you'll be able to get everything you need with that and probably a bit left over

From St. John's and back should be about $25 US for two

Renting chairs/umbrellas should be about $20US ($5 apiece or so, unless you can work a deal, which is entirely possible)

That leaves you with about $35 US for lunch, which is possible (but a *bit* of a stretch) at Pepperz n Lime, but a little less likely if you're going to Coconut Grove.

I'd say to bump the budget for 2 to $100 US, you'll be able to get everything you need with that and probably a bit left over

Thank you so much!

Archived