I missed the call

tanyaewa

My mother got a call from Carnival today - basically, they were trying to sell her their travel insurance (she doesn't need it; has hers through TravelGuard), making sure she filled in the Funpass (I did it for her), and reminding her to put luggage tags on ALL luggage, including carry-ons.

Hopefully they were trying to call you for the same reason and not for an upsell!

From Carnival today. I saw the number on my cell phone. Tried to call back but offices were closed.

We leave in 3 weeks. Dec 2 on Splendor..

Was it an upsell call? Will they call again?

If you booked through a travel agent, it wasn't an upsell call. Upsells to people who book independently of Carnival would go through that agent.

If you booked though Carnival it could be an upsell or it could be similar to the above poster.

My mother got a call from Carnival today - basically, they were trying to sell her their travel insurance (she doesn't need it; has hers through TravelGuard), making sure she filled in the Funpass (I did it for her), and reminding her to put luggage tags on ALL luggage, including carry-ons.

Hopefully they were trying to call you for the same reason and not for an upsell!

Why would you not want an upsell offer? Some are not worthwhile while some can be a great deal.

Why would you not want an upsell offer? Some are not worthwhile while some can be a great deal.

Mostly because if the OP is sailing soon, chances are the chance for an upsell is gone because someone jumped on it before he/she did. I know we're three weeks away from our sailing, and the ship is very very near capacity, if not already completely filled.

From Carnival today. I saw the number on my cell phone. Tried to call back but offices were closed.

We leave in 3 weeks. Dec 2 on Splendor..

Was it an upsell call? Will they call again?

They usually don't call again, I am surprised they did not leave a message.

They never leave a message (unless it's urgent, I assume).

A couple of months ago I got a call form Carnival on my cell phone. I called it back and there was no record of anyone calling me for any reason.

Yesterday my PVP called me to make sure everything was ok on our end and if we needed anything for our cruise this Sunday.

Then last night I saw Carnival call my cell phone again, but didn't leave a message.

What's up Carnival?!?! Why don't you leave a message or leave a record in the system as to WHY you call??

According to my PVP, they're making it routine to call everyone and remind them about the basics (when to arrive at port, making sure you have all your documents handy, Fun Pass filled out). Apparently people aren't filling out the Fun Pass, then getting all PO'd that they have to do it at the terminal. Dirh.

I made final payment on our cruise last week and a few days later I noticed we'd gotten a call from "Florida" with a 305 area code number. I suspect it was Carnival, maybe calling to try and get us to buy insurance (we buy that from Allianz). If it was an upsell call I wouldn't have taken it, as we will be having our very first aft balcony this time and I'm so excited about that!! :)

I'm on the Dec 2 Splendor and received a recorded message yesterday. The only thing weird about it was that I had the phone in my hand when the recorded message was playing. It wasn't a message being left on the answering machine. In other words, they pretty much were saying, This is Carnival bla bla bla, our phone # is 819-bla bla bla (didn't have a pen handy to write it down) and then said (paraphrased) "we are sorry that there is no PVP available for you today."

Why bother calling to leave an automatic message that there was no one to help me when I never called them in the first place to ask for help. :rolleyes: I suspect they are just using computer generated calls to remind us to get our duckies in order and ready to sail.

We are on the Splendor on the 2nd too. We got the upsell call yesterday. We booked inside on the 9th deck. Upsell offer was 550.00 total to spa balcony or 240.00 for spa oceanview. We turned both down.

hmmm, I would have probably taken the upgrade/upsell if they were offering a spa balcony. I only book spa cabins but took an inside one this time. I didn't know there were any balconies available. Oh well, it's still going to be a great cruise.

Archived