Is Sapphire beach run down or not? Read some reviews on TripAdvisor.

vmom

Coki as the better snorkeling than Sapphire beach . downtown when getting off the taxi van from the ship ,, ask for maynard he is located near the straw Market in front of the Post office or fire station, tell him Malcolm from Canada sent you and you want the $25 island tour with a day stop at Coki beach. other vendor will try to get your business. I like Maynard , nice black senior man with a straw hat, very presentable and honest. a trustworthy guy!

We have been to Sapphire to snorkel, but now I am think about Coki.

Can anyone compare the 2 for me. Which one has the better snorkeling. What ammenities are at each beach and how far from the ship each one is?

Thanks

Cheryl

Coki is popular with beginners and families, plenty of fish in shallow water. Very crowded beach and water though because it's a very small bay. Many vendors and some folks have a problem with the neighborhood you drive through to get there. But Coki is a gorgeous, intimate beach when the ships aren't in.

Sapphire offers better snorkeling with a reef and a seagrass area. Not as busy and nice island views. Dive center rents anything you want, and there are good food options.

Just depends on your tastes. Any taxi is $10 each way to either beach. They're actually close together (short taxi), I would hit Coki early then go to Sapphire (or Secret Harbor) when Coki fills up.

Have a great day!

Archived