Just had cabin 9200 FOS-any questions?

bossymama

We are booked in that cabin later this year. Please share any information you have. We are travelling with our daughter (50). Is the bunk bed room suitable for one adult? Or would she be better on the pull out couch? How was the motion on board since it is so far forward? Would appreciate any info about closets, windows, seating, etc.

Thanks.

Joanmarie

When you open the door to the room, the bunk beds are immediately on your right, in a large "closet" with a curtain as the door. There is a small closet in there on the left, and some shelves on the right side of the "room". The bathroom is directly across from the bunks. Stepping in to the room a little further you come to the living room area with a couch on the right, a desk on the left and another closet. This is quite roomy even with the couch made up as a bed for the whole week, as ours was. There is a very thick curtain that divides the room between the bed area and living room area. the king size bed is on the same wall as the couch, with a vanity area opposite. There is a 3rd closet, this one is the largest, and it has 6 shelves inside on the right. The safe is also in there. There were 2 chairs against the front wall, under 2 very large round windows, along with a coffee table. The tv was on the wall between the desk and vanity area, and swiveled. The room is rectangular, not square like the diagram on the RCI site shows. The 2 teenage boys travelling with me did not like the bunk beds very much, too small, the top one too close to the ceiling, the bottom one had the ladder blocking it,bathroom light shone in their eyes at night, etc.

Continued.... My daughters complained about the pull-out couch also, but mostly that is was a bit lumpy, and seemed to have a hollow in it on the back side, causing one daughter to roll into the other all night! Yes, it made for some lively late night banter, like "get off me!", and "i'm not doing it on purpose", and add a few colourful words said between 2 siblings, and you have what I was woken up with almost every night. Lesson learned, do not travel in same room with your kids if over the age of 16! I did find there to be a bit more motion than I'd like, but since I take Bonine, it didn't bother me too much until the night we had 50 mile an hour winds. It was almost more than I could take, all that rocking and rolling. Take this into consideration if you feel any sea sickness at all, this makes it way worse. I will never travel at the front again. It will be mid-ship only, deck 6,7 ,8 or 9 for me from now on.

I only have 1 photo, and I don't know how to post it, but will try to get oldest daughter to help me when she comes home from work.

Hope this helps!

Archived