Zeebrugge to Ghent

We will be stopping in Belgium on the Golden Princess in July. We are trying to decide between Brugge and Ghent. I know there's a train from Zeebrugge to Brugge but is there a way to get to Ghent? I don't think we'll be in port long enough to do both cities. Which would you recommend? Thanks!!

Frederick

I was in Gent last week on excursion off the Royal Princess from 8:30 to 1. There were 3 walking tour groups on a large double decker bus. There were 3 activities which the groups alternated... visiting a small chocolate factory which didn't take too long, visiting the cathedral, and walking through the Medival part of the city. We had about a half an hour to an hour of free time to walk around. It was a sunny day so many of the people sat out at the open air cafe or shopped. They are still restoring some old buildings which will be a Marriott Hotel when finished. It didn't take too long to drive there and back, about an hour each way. Believe me, there is absolutely nothing at the port, not even a canopy. It is just a concrete dock. I had been to Brugge in 1971 on a car trip, don't remember much of it, but it was beautiful. There was no excursion to Brussels on our trip, not enough time. The ship was docked from 7-4. We got back in time to eat in the dining room and then pack up for getting off the next day in Southampton.

Archived