Where to stay - MCO/PC

hlb76

Hello,

We are cruising in Feb out of PC for the 1st time. I admit I am nervous. We have sailed from Mia and NOLA before. I think we are going to rent a car so we have the freedom to move around as we wish.

We fly in Friday night about 430pm and sail Sat. I dont have any plans for our short stay in Orlando area. So we are open to suggestions all over the area. Where is a good place to stay for a reasonable rate? We are not picky people. Clean and safe hotel and maybe a Free Breakfast are enough to make us happy!

Hello,

We are cruising in Feb out of PC for the 1st time. I admit I am nervous. We have sailed from Mia and NOLA before. I think we are going to rent a car so we have the freedom to move around as we wish.

We fly in Friday night about 430pm and sail Sat. I dont have any plans for our short stay in Orlando area. So we are open to suggestions all over the area. Where is a good place to stay for a reasonable rate? We are not picky people. Clean and safe hotel and maybe a Free Breakfast are enough to make us happy!

I would suggest the Country Inn & Suites in Port Canaveral.....it is the closest one to the port. They do have a free breakfast and everyone there is very nice. We have stayed there 5 or 6 times.

There is also a Residence Inn right next door that also gets great reviews, but I'm not sure about the free breakfast.

Hope this helps.....

With a car you have lots of options, including staying in Orlando - the drive to PC only takes about an hour. There are several inexpensive hotels near the airport, and of course lots more in I-drive and around Disney (although that's taking you the wrong direction).

Besides these boards check the Trip Advisor reviews before you book -- good luck! :)

We are not mouse people! Do the Disney thing does nothing for me or my hubby. Guess we have never give the kids a chance to go and see what it's all about.

I just want it to be easy and painless. I want to start on a good foot!

Stayed at the Residence in PC which has a free breakfast so that was good. Since you have such a short time between touchdown in MCO to departure at PC, suggest driving to PC and hit the pool or drive around. Suggest, if possible, drop off the luggage at the terminal before returning the car. Less hassle trying to get on a shuttle with all the bags. We did that in LA for a Panama Canal cruise and really saved time and stress while we watched others struggle with bags getting into and out of the rental car agency shuttle.

Archived