international SOS

kimmiecruises

Hi, I did a search for International SOS and nothing came up, is anyone familiar with them? I got a quote but have not looked at it in detail, but it is less than 1/2 of the other quote I have from one of the well known companies - just wondering if they are worth looking in to or there's a reason they are so much less. thanks!

Hi, I did a search for International SOS and nothing came up, is anyone familiar with them? I got a quote but have not looked at it in detail, but it is less than 1/2 of the other quote I have from one of the well known companies - just wondering if they are worth looking in to or there's a reason they are so much less. thanks!

http://www.internationalsos.com/en/

cruiseco, thanks! Sorry, I wasn't clear where I searched, I meant here on cruisecritic, I did find their site and get the quote I mentioned that is less than 1/2 of what the other companies are giving me. I need to be clearer :o

I think you'll find that their emergency evacuation/repatriation coverage is more in line with what you'll find from most major insurers -- it's based on getting you to the nearest adequate medical facility as determined by their staff and the doctor on scene. Then, when you are able to travel, they will transport you home. Where, when, and how this all happens is their decision.

For example, they provide this kind of coverage for many of the major credit cards so if you have some sort of evacuation/assistance coverage bundled in with your other credit card benefits there's a fair chance that Emergency SOS is the actual service provider.

If you're comparing their service with MedJet be aware that with MedJet the decision as to where you will be taken is yours as long as you are a hospital inpatient when MedJet picks you up and will also be a hospital inpatient when you're dropped off. Many people this control over the situation is worth the greater cost of the membership. Others don't.

Thanks! Not sure that would be a good idea then - my parents are doing the Eastern Caribbean and dad has COPD so have some concerns if he were to need anything medically. Have just started looking at insurance, since we didn't get it within 14 days of making the deposit, the rates are now between $700 & $800, but I didn't want to spend the $ before since at this point if they canceled they would get that deposit $ back.

Archived