Diving in St. Lucia - any recommendations?

dot73

I will be on a Princess cruise in St. Lucia in January. The ship is not offering any scuba excursions. Can anyone recommend a good scuba excursion that will pick up and drop off at the cruise dock? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I dove at Anse Chastenet Resort in St Lucia in December. They picked us up at the cruise terminal (ferry dock) and we traveled about 30 mins by boat to the resort, which is at the end of the island near the Pitons. We first did a shore dive, then a boat dive at the base of the Pitons. The dives were both great; lots of fish, nice healthy corals, even spotted my first sea horse. Afterward, we took a very short ride to another beach where they had a tasty outdoor buffet of grilled kingfish (or a choice of chicken) along with grilled veggies and other side dishes. We met some snorkelers from our ship who had traveled about an hour or more by land to get to the same beach. We enjoyed the same 30 minute return to our ship by boat. They were friendly and very cognizant of getting us back to our ship on time. My only negative feeling was that they did not assist us with our tanks and gear. It was very difficult for me to leave the water on our shore dive; I eventually took my bc & tank off, but my husband ended up taking my heavy equipment back to the dive shop while still wearing his own. When we took our boat dive, we had to set up all our equipment on shore and then get it all onboard the boat ourselves -- not from a dock, but from the beach. It is nowhere near the "valet diving" one often find on excursions at this price point. I don't mind setting up the equipment, but I really did require some assistance with my gear and there was none, other than my husband. Just something to be aware of, if you are a smaller grandma type like myself. ;) Overall, we enjoyed it.

Archived