International Calling cards

alb38

I will be cruising in November without my husband and children and would like to call home numerous times while I am off relaxing and enjoying the sunshine. Does anybody know if international calling cards work on the islands. We are stopping in St Thomas, Antigua, ST Marteen, Barbados and ST Lucia.

Thanks

For the most part, NO, the calling cards you purchase here in the US, even though they're called International, don't work on the islands. If you want to use calling cards, you will have to purchase local cards on each of the islands you're visiting and then find a phone that will accept those cards. When you consider how short your time is in the ports, it will take up a lot of your time doing this.

We bought international calling cards for our Southern Caribbean sail in February. It was a Sprint card. We had so much trouble trying to find a phone that accepted it. In the end we used our Amex card to make all our calls. It was much easier. Next time I may just rely on that again.

Happy cruising!

I suggest once onboard ask your service people where to buy the best cards. THey have the best places and prices since they use it more then we do. (PS- there is also email)

I was on the Valor May 1st, and also left without my family and wanted to call home . I called my husband from Grand Cayman and it cost $42.00. I bought a $10.00 card in Belize and talked for 13 min . So take my advise and buy a calling card. My mom used credit card in Grand Cayman and Cozumel and her bill was $39.00 for each call.

Archived