One Man's Review of the Caribbean Princess

lovelearnteach

I find this review to be.......  

127 members have voted

1. 1. I find this review to be.......

So the flights were really uneventful, and we arrived on time into FLL. I had us booked at a place called Sea Club Resort. For $59 a night we got Continental breakfast, an adult beverage nightly, beach chair, beach towel and a room with 2 doubles. I booked directly on their website, because if you book through a travel site you don't get the drink or CB. I also caught a sale as the room we had was going for $79 a night normally. The reviews on tripadvisor were really mixed, but one extreme or the other. People either loved it or hated it, all I can say is we had no problems and would give them a good review. It's right across the street from the beach and about 1/2 mile from the main part of the strip with shopping and restaurants. The carpets were scary, they need to put in tile, but for the price and location it was perfect for us. It's an older hotel with a very friendly family run vibe to it, at least that was our experience. If your a luxury hotel person then this is definitely not the place for you. For $16 we got a transfer to Port Everglades, but you get a free one time transfer if you book 3 or more nights stay at the hotel.

Here's my first awesome food pic, not :p, breakfast of champions, our first meal of our vacation. Also some pix of our room.

003.jpg.a00b46de5d26472326d823ae601286c1.jpg

009.jpg.84fed203001db9a22ed12f7af8f4355d.jpg

026.jpg.376d9fe240cd4083f835c8dd77128ce9.jpg

029.jpg.33a28969202a52b877669a44f886952b.jpg

030.jpg.b93883344ea33cd901466d6b75987aef.jpg

Edited by lovelearnteach

We were starving at this point and decided to have lunch at the restaurant in the resort next to ours called the East End in the Atlantic Resort. Terry had a cheeseburger with fries and I had the Jerk Chicken Sandwich with fries. We both got the chocolate molten cake for dessert. It was okay, a little pricey at $4 a piece for an iced tea. My jerk chicken sandwich could have been much more spicier, but the cake was awesome.

060.jpg.46eca02248004ab18710798ad10dd1b7.jpg

061.jpg.ea0e1f0a610648fbb1c5ed910da68f53.jpg

062.jpg.12ec0c6d99a3803b5bb14508131c2cee.jpg

After lunch we made a quick stop at the beach to check it out and then went back to our room for a much needed nap, since we had been up since 3a.m. As we headed out of our resort for dinner a guy in a rickshaw asked us if we wanted a ride to the strip. At $5 a person it beat walking. He asked us where we were going and we said to dinner could he recommend anywhere. He took us to a place called Coconuts, and am I so grateful that he did. We got a guacamole and cheese ball dip with tortilla chips for an app and then I got the jambalaya for a main course. It was all so delicious and one of the best jambalaya's I've ever had. I highly recommend eating here if your in the area. We walked back to our resort stopping at CVS on the way back and called it a night. So I believe this is where I will call it a night, and continue tomorrow with Fri. Nov. 9th.

065.jpg.279af100db7bd5fdbb91a5ed0b9b44ea.jpg

067.jpg.c6d2cc480b5f2c6b3e984feb37376c53.jpg

073.jpg.4ac2abc3522469e1b515f78aeae24ac1.jpg

068.jpg.3d614f4ec45ab51c9f13ce6e64b24dee.jpg

069.jpg.7de87d3f82595e974d8327050c5bb441.jpg

071.jpg.68eef387d5cf32e3fed050903b91a16d.jpg

072.jpg.93cd76da280a14ccf6a126f42d732cb9.jpg

Let me start off by giving a little info on myself. I'm a 42 year old single man who travels frequently with my 63 year old uncle. This is our 3rd Princess cruise together and we were sailing with the Chumley Bear Cruise group. There were over 550 people in our group from over 12 different countries.

We booked this cruise a year ahead, and 1 week before we were set to leave my dog got deathly ill. So that was a lingering dark cloud over our vacation, but we tried really hard not to let it overshadow our enjoyment of the vacation. It turns out she has Mythesis Gravis & Megaesophagus, both of which can be manageable, and so far seem to be. The Dr. says were are not out of the woods and of course a major worry for the rest of her life, besides the two diseases, is Aspiration pneumonia. About 90% of the time it goes into remission within the first 6 months of syptoms, so that is what we are praying for.

So now that that is out of the way on to my review of our cruise vacation. We planned to go to FLL on Thur. Nov. 8th as we had a pre-cruise party with our group at a bar called Scandles in Wilton Manors on Fri. Nov. 9th. We booked out flights with Southwest so I really went crazy with the packing, taking full advantage of the free 2 checked bags. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6a.m. and arrive into FLL at 1:20p.m. with a palne change in BWI on the 8th.

Here we are at the garage airport parking getting ready to start our 10-day adventure, bye St. Louis see on Nov. 17th :).

ALREADY my heart goes out to you. Our dog, a Welsh terrior, whom we named "Rattie" as that seemed to suit his dispostion.....is allergic To Florida as our VEt Termned it. He would scratch himself..and tear at himself with his teeth when he itched. He had raw spots all over. So we had him tested.$$$$$$$$$$ ( he was allergic to bayberry trees (of which we had none) and dust mites in carpet. So New carpet. New medicated pad. Cleannd house from top to bottom. WAsh all bedclothes in hot water weekly...including cover quit...etc. He gets allergy shots. We buy special food that is only white fish and rice...at about $4 a can...He eats two cans a day...then he developed pancreatis...very expensive also..

We think of renaming him..."Money Pit" but the he looks at us with his sad brown eyes...and we will keep fighting until he is in such pain that his enjoyment of life..which is great...ends.

You grow to love them so much. I pray your dog does well. And you need to get away once in a while..it becomes similar to having a chronically ill child...you need a break. Don't feel guilty. My father had M.G. He was one of the first people to have his spleen removed to see if it improved his inability to keep his eyes open...difficulty in breathing..etc. It did. The operation was done at The U. of Alabama in Birmingham and they became a world leader in MG research. You might ask about removing the spleen....??? Good luck on that one.

Edited by AmberTeka

ALREADY my heart goes out to you. Our dog, a Welsh terrior, whom we named "Rattie" as that seemed to suit his dispostion.....is allergic To Florida as our VEt Termned it. He would scratch himself..and tear at himself with his teeth when he itched. He had raw spots all over. So we had him tested.$$$$$$$$$$ ( he was allergic to bayberry trees (of which we had none) and dust mites in carpet. So New carpet. New medicated pad. Cleannd house from top to bottom. WAsh all bedclothes in hot water weekly...including cover quit...etc. He gets allergy shots. We buy special food that is only white fish and rice...at about $4 a can...He eats two cans a day...then he developed pancreatis...very expensive also..

We think of renaming him..."Money Pit" but the he looks at us with his sad brown eyes...and we will keep fighting until he is in such pain that his enjoyment of life..which is great...ends.

You grow to love them so much. I pray your dog does well. And you need to get away once in a while..it becomes similar to having a chronically ill child...you need a break. Don't feel guilty. My father had M.G. He was one of the first people to have his spleen removed to see if it improved his inability to keep his eyes open...difficulty in breathing..etc. It did. The operation was done at The U. of Alabama in Birmingham and they became a world leader in MG research. You might ask about removing the spleen....??? Good luck on that one.

They become a part of your family, and of course you want them to have a quality of life. They were talking about putting a feeding tube in her stomach, because she was not eating. I said no and they said we needed a miracle for her to start eating on her own, right after that phone conversation she ate and kept it down. So far she is eating and it seems to be getting to her stomach. We have to change what, how and when we feed her and pray for remission. We will add your pup to our prayers :). Doing research online the stats show that spleen removal has proven to not be effective in canines, like it has in humans.

Thank-you, I took a pic of everything I ate on this vacation, except the 2 times we went to the buffet on the ship :).

Just the before shots please. You can spare us the after shots and narration.

It will vastly speed up your review.

Glad you had a good cruise! I recall seeing you at the sea club getting on the bus with our group going to the ship, we had a great time and hope you did also!!

I agree with you about the Sea Club. It is a great hotel for the price and a good location but not really a resort, alittle worn but a good place for 1 night before a cruise.

Just the before shots please. You can spare us the after shots and narration.

It will vastly speed up your review.

:) I appreciate your opinion, but I will write my review how I want to, you don't have to read it :). I thought I made myself quite clear in my disclaimer, so I'm not sure what your tying to say, thank-you have blessed day :).

Glad you had a good cruise! I recall seeing you at the sea club getting on the bus with our group going to the ship, we had a great time and hope you did also!!

I agree with you about the Sea Club. It is a great hotel for the price and a good location but not really a resort, alittle worn but a good place for 1 night before a cruise.

Hey roomie :D, yes I don't think I would stay longer than 2 nights, but I love old hotels oops sorry resort :p:D:).