Jewel Review - 11/11/12 - 11/18/12

NYGirl1002

Apparently they stayed overnight so divers could fix something on the ship. They had planned one overnight for 2 or three cruises but the hurricane screwed up the schedule.

We ended up staying overnight 2 nights. I am not sure if its fixed yet though.

Loved your review! My DD & I will be in an aft PH on the Jewel next October and I can't wait! Your room pictures were great. A couple of questions about the room:

Did either of you sleep on the sofa bed? One of us will be sleeping on it in Oct so I'm hoping it's not too uncomfortable. Also, does the bathroom have a walk in shower or tub with shower? If tub, is the wall heigth a normal size or is it high? I have some knee problems which make it difficult to get in if its very high. We had a suite on Carnival in Sept with ajetted tub & the tub wall was like scaling Mt Everest lol. I had to shower in the gym because I couldn't get in the thing.

Loved your review! My DD & I will be in an aft PH on the Jewel next October and I can't wait! Your room pictures were great. A couple of questions about the room:

Did either of you sleep on the sofa bed? One of us will be sleeping on it in Oct so I'm hoping it's not too uncomfortable. Also, does the bathroom have a walk in shower or tub with shower? If tub, is the wall heigth a normal size or is it high? I have some knee problems which make it difficult to get in if its very high. We had a suite on Carnival in Sept with ajetted tub & the tub wall was like scaling Mt Everest lol. I had to shower in the gym because I couldn't get in the thing.

Not the OP but here is a link to some shots from our AFT Penthouse taken in 2010. (I think it was 10166.) At that time, I don't think the couch converted to a bed, so presumably it is different now. The tub was not very high, which hopefully you can tell from these pictures. We loved the AFT PH!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578984569NbcKAv

Not the OP but here is a link to some shots from our AFT Penthouse taken in 2010. (I think it was 10166.) At that time, I don't think the couch converted to a bed, so presumably it is different now. The tub was not very high, which hopefully you can tell from these pictures. We loved the AFT PH!

http://travel.webshots.com/album/578984569NbcKAv

I am so glad to look at these pictures - we too will be in an aft PH but not until April 2013, the Jewel our of Nola. Thank you for posting this link. We ill be in 10164!!

As a matter of fact the first night my daughter requested to sleep on the sofa bed. When we cruised DCL the steward automatically made up that bed for her so she thought this would be the same. The bed was huge but for some reason he didn't give her a top sheet so she ended up sleeping with me in the middle of the night. If you want to use the sofa tell you steward you want an egg crate because it seems to be very hard.

The bathroom has a tub and believe me it's very high. I could hardly get in there myself. I've never seen anything as high as that in my life. You could barely see it here:

ry%3D400

Just wanted to point out that the OP pictures are of a fwd PH, not an aft PH. That being said, looking at the aft PH pictures posted by dznymom, the bathrooms look the same. The sofa beds are different (10000 and 10500 have large sofas that sleep 2).

Archived