next cruise on?

charlies_mom

We just got home from our cruise on NCL Jewel. We loved their kid's club (minus the windowless closet space for the 2-5 year olds). I was thrilled with their activities and the staff. There are several themes for each day and tons and tons of activities for each theme. There wasn't even a tv or video games in the club. All the activities were fun group activities with a lot of action. It was very much like summer camp and not at all like babysitting.

There were other aspects of NCL that we didn't love though, and would like to try a different line next time.

Does anyone know of another line that has gone this route with their kid's club?

Just out of curiosity, what aspects did you not like? How old is your child?

We think Royal Caribbean can be a good choice for families. Similar as far as kids club (although maybe hours are not as good - more like morning, afternoon and evening sessions rather than continuous childcare), and family-friendly facilities without it being all about children (i.e., Disney). Just got off Disney and their ships and clubs are great, BUT they do have video games and movies everywhere, and the club is a bit of a free for all, with some structured activities. Some kids love it, others not as much.

People have reported good things about Princess, Celebrity and even Holland America kids clubs, but those lines are a little less family-oriented (which could be a plus or minus, depending on the desires and needs of your family).

Good luck!

RCI has the closest kids club to NCL. They are so similar in so many ways that I often found myself wondering if someone had copied off of the other.

RCL has always had the "pirate parade" where the kids take over the ship. I laughed when we were on Gem and saw my girls getting ready to take over the ship for "pirates night"

So if you enjoyed one - you will enjoy the other.

Archived