What to do?

LuAnnFuller

Well.... we finally got booked on the Grand for January. We are going with our friends Her hubby is in Afganistan so cordinating this cruise was tough!! We all have been on one cruise before. This time we are going to Grand Caymen. What is a most do there and worth the money? Same question for Belize. My friend has been there and she did'nt like the town too much so we are trying to figure out where to go there. Thanks

LuAnn

At Grand Cayman, Stingray City is the "must do". You can book your excursion through Princess. The stingrays are very gentle and the crew will show you how to feed them. I haven't been to Belize.

I agree with Stingray City. There are tours that just go there or you can pick a combo tour that takes you to Hell too. We loved Stingray City, I was very nervous at first, then after a while I calmed down and it was a great experience.

I do not suggest going to the Turtle Farm. It was a bit upsetting to see all the turtles in the tanks.

Aquarian is correct in the "must do" but I would not book with the ship. They herd people on their boats like cattle and it didn't look very enjoyable.We booked through a private Co. called Nativeway.Their web site is www.nativewaywatersports.com They are very reasonable and will co-ordinate with the time your ship is in port.They have lovely boats and take smaller groups out,more one on one.They also provide refreshments and also take you snorkeling after the stingray swim at the Barrier Reef.It was just beautiful and we had a great time.we are booking with them when we go back next April.:) Jaxson

I will add a vote for StingRay City. Hell is always a quick fun stop to mail postcards. Being a shopper I also leave time to roam & shop.

Have not been to Belize, but, have a friend who was there & enjoyed it. They did a beach day.

Well.... we finally got booked on the Grand for January. We are going with our friends Her hubby is in Afganistan so cordinating this cruise was tough!! We all have been on one cruise before. This time we are going to Grand Caymen. What is a most do there and worth the money? Same question for Belize. My friend has been there and she did'nt like the town too much so we are trying to figure out where to go there. Thanks

LuAnn

LuAnn, Does anyone in your group snorkel? If so the excursion to Rendezvous Cay is incredible! It's about 40 minutes (15 miles) off shore. On our Coral cruise it left straight from the ship. It's the tiniest island you'll ever see, I don't snorkel and had a wonderful time. The boat ride out was great, the crew was terrific and the island itself was amazing, the water was like bathwater. HD said the snorkeling was awesome. I have some pictures of the island itself - just click on the link.

Don't know what you all like but it was a wonderful day.

Archived