Still No Cabin Assignment

BassettMom

Interesting. On my particular cruise and the one previous to it those are the empty rooms they have been trying to sell.

I didn't really expect any parties, other than the first night meeting you alluded to. I was just thinking that people might be opening and closing the doors and that it would disturb some people.

I do have a question though, do the doors only open with your card key to make sure that only suite guests are admitted? Thanks.

On the Vistas and I presume Eurodam and N.A. you need your key to enter. Too many pax for concierge to know all of them right away by sight and there are 2 entry doors on each side of the NL if I remember correctly. On the R and S ships no key needed.

That is weird that the SA's near the NL are not booked on the cruises you are looking at. On all our cruises they have been booked early. Very desirable. We never hear noise around the NL at all from our suite.

Edited by peaches from georgia
correct spelling

Interesting. On my particular cruise and the one previous to it those are the empty rooms they have been trying to sell.

I didn't really expect any parties, other than the first night meeting you alluded to. I was just thinking that people might be opening and closing the doors and that it would disturb some people.

I do have a question though, do the doors only open with your card key to make sure that only suite guests are admitted? Thanks.

I would suspect that HAL held out those popular SA's in case someone was booking a two week B-2-B and have now released them for booking on the 7-day cruises. Peaches is correct, those cabins always go first. Peaches also answered your NL key question. Also, IMO the NL is not a "party" place. Very hushed voices in there. To me it's not a gathering spot as there are no ocean views from there. It is mostly used as a quick refreshment spot and a place for help from the staff in the room. I have been directly across the hall and heard nothing in the terms of noise or doors.

congratulations! I am still waiting for mine on the sixteenth, only the SA's are available right now, I expect I will most likely end up in one similar in position to yours. It appears the SA's near the NL doors are not that popular a buy for the full price crowd. If it is just to noisy, and that is one I get, I will just have to go over and join the party.:D

We always book right across from the Neptune lounge. Have never, found it to be noisy. I'm sorry you feel that way, those cabins are always booked well in advance because of their popularity. Some are let go when final payments are due or because things change for the passengers that have booked them. Being I am one of the full price 'crowd', count yourself lucky that you got one of those cabins for far below what we pay for them.

We always book right across from the Neptune lounge. Have never, found it to be noisy. I'm sorry you feel that way, those cabins are always booked well in advance because of their popularity. Some are let go when final payments are due or because things change for the passengers that have booked them. Being I am one of the full price 'crowd', count yourself lucky that you got one of those cabins for far below what we pay for them.

I am very sorry if I offended you or anyone else. Yes, that was probably snarky and was more a jab at those who complain about the "399'ers". I am not concerned about the noise as I have never been in one. I was trying to understand why those particular rooms hadn't sold first. I thought they would be the most desirable too, which is why I was puzzled. I am and do feel very blessed if I do receive one. I don't bite the hand that feeds me.

PS-The comment was meant to convey those who book before final booking.

Edited by vicocala

I am very sorry if I offended you or anyone else. Yes, that was probably snarky and was more a jab at those who complain about the "399'ers". I am not concerned about the noise as I have never been in one. I was trying to understand why those particular rooms hadn't sold first. I thought they would be the most desirable too, which is why I was puzzled. I am and do feel very blessed if I do receive one. I don't bite the hand that feeds me.

PS-The comment was meant to convey those who book before final booking.

So if you've never stayed in one why would you come up with a comment about noise? I don't know about you but most of us do book before final payment. I think you better quit while your ahead and just enjoy your wonderful up sell/or up grade.

Edited by PathfinderEss

So if you've never stayed in one why would you come up with a comment about noise? I don't know about you but most of us do book before final payment. I think you better quit while your ahead and just enjoy your wonderful up sell/or up grade.

Obviously the poster was concerned about possible noise from the Neptune Lounge and posted about that concern, just as people ask all the time whether there might be noise under such-and-such deck, because they've never stayed there before.

I don't know about you, but if "most of us" do book before final payment, why are there so many open deluxe suites that they're practically giving them away on our cruise? Your envy over vicocala's score is palpable. Maybe your [sic] the one who should quit while your [sic] ahead?

P.S. When someone apologizes to you, it's terrible form to kick them in the face.

Edited by Bearnaise

:)

We finally got a room assigned today, yay! 10 days out appears to be the magic number. We had an SC guarantee and ended up with an SA right across from the Neptune Lounge. :D Very happy and excited!! This is our 2nd cruise but our first time in a suite.

Enjoy your cruise !!!

That was it exactly Bearnaise, thank you. Yes, I was concerned about the doors slamming or more aptly was wondering if others thought that given the supply. My last cruise was on RCCL and was beside a crew supply room where I constantly could hear the door open and close.

I know the NL closes by 8:30 at the latest from posts I have read so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone, thus my confusion.

BTW, I am one of those who booked before final payment, the up buy happened after final payment. So I include myself in that comment. Some people are so touchy, but the internet doesn't always convey the same inflections and facial expressions of the poster. While trying to either make light of something or joke about something wrong impressions sometimes get sent, thus why I apologized.

Received room assignments for 2 rooms for 12/16 Westerdam tonight. Had SY guarantee and got SY but needed rooms next to each other and got them. Very happy :)

Congratulations on your assignments..Wow 17 days out..... I guess HAL is caught up from the holiday.... :) :D

Joseph

That was it exactly Bearnaise, thank you. Yes, I was concerned about the doors slamming or more aptly was wondering if others thought that given the supply. My last cruise was on RCCL and was beside a crew supply room where I constantly could hear the door open and close.

I know the NL closes by 8:30 at the latest from posts I have read so it shouldn't be a problem for anyone, thus my confusion.

BTW, I am one of those who booked before final payment, the up buy happened after final payment. So I include myself in that comment. Some people are so touchy, but the internet doesn't always convey the same inflections and facial expressions of the poster. While trying to either make light of something or joke about something wrong impressions sometimes get sent, thus why I apologized.

Hey, I'm jealous of your SA upgrade too! But I wouldn't take it out on you merely for asking a noise question. Of course I could tell you that it's really noisy where your SA cabin is and that maybe you'd be better off swapping it with my yet unknown cabin, but I don't think you'd buy that :D

On the other hand, I don't begrudge people for getting upgraded nor for paying less than others because they booked at the last minute. My cruise was totally spur of the moment and the flash sale was too tempting to pass up. Should I volunteer to pay more money because others paid more for my cabin category? Hell no. I'll make up for it at the bars!

Edited by Bearnaise

• 1 year later...
WOW......waiting for room assignment is very......difficult:confused::rolleyes:

It is too. Ive been on that road. Just in case you don't know the number will appear on you luggage tags about a day before it appears on the reservation side. Good luck!