RSVP timing

rxbxcca

hi guys, i wanted to get your opinions on RSVP time for guests to respond.

so i sent save-the-dates out this past August for my March 4, 2013 wedding date. so people know the date for sure now.

our wedding invitations are going out this weekend (right after turkey day), but our RSVP date is set to 12/21/12. which by the time it gets through the mail, will give people two weeks to respond. i feel bad that the time is so short, but feel a little relieved we did the save-the-dates. is the two weeks completely horrible?

we are doing our invites ourselves (from design to printing to everything) so we hit a few snags, but we already printed 12/21/12 as the RSVP date, so our choice is either keep going or rip it up and reprint.

ugh, i feel like this is in poor form, but i also feel up against the wall because we already printed. :(

maybe i'm more venting here, but i do want to hear what you guys have to say. i don't think we can reprint all this stuff, from money to time, it doesn't seem feasible.

That is a really early RSVP date for a March wedding...

However i understad not reprinting them...The only thing I can tell you is to make sure your give yourself a good three weeks to call people to get DL numbers and confirm they are coming...I would hate for you to pay for people that decided they can not make it anymore.

That is a really early RSVP date for a March wedding...

I agree; it all seems really early even to send out the invitations, but if they are already printed, you may as well send them.

It's a really busy time of year, so I am guessing you will be making a lot of phone calls to check up on those who don't RSVP.

Your not too early to mail invites for a cruise wedding. Your only a few weeks early for your RSVP. For an embarkation wedding you need to send the guest list to the cruise line 4 weeks before the wedding. You need time to contact those that have not RSVP'd and correlate that information. Cruise wedding have different deadlines than a land wedding.

it wasn't too early, originally we were required to give a final guest list 60 days prior. now that they switched wedding companies (another headache that had to be dealt with in the middle of all this), it's now a reasonable 30 days.

you guys are right, i'll be making a lot of phone calls.

Archived