Galveston - Gaido's Seaside Inn

CruzieSue

Gaido's 409-762-9625 give them a call.

Thanks for your reply. I have their number, and in fact have called them numerous times over the last few months. Each time I get a different answer as to when reservations will be accepted for March. Just wondering if anyone had been able to make reservations yet without getting another "well, call back around so and so date". :rolleyes:

We've stayed at Gaidos three different trips to galveston, and they will not let you book too far in advance...not sure why, as other places will let you. Still, we love staying there...and plan on our 4th time there on our next cruise in Nov 2013. We like staying upstairs, for a better view of the water. :)

Has anyone made reservations at Gaido's for March 2013? If so, what were the prices? Thanks.

I made reservations through their website this past Aug for March 2013. Booked an upstairs ocean view for $75 per night. Didn't have any problems.

I made reservations through their website this past Aug for March 2013. Booked an upstairs ocean view for $75 per night. Didn't have any problems.

bdkb - You probably need to CALL Gaido's and verify that you actually have reservations. Hopefully you do, but in my experience, you probably don't if you were relying on the website. I tried to make reservations through the website back in late July or August as well. The reservations never appeared to be completed online but I received emails with confirmation numbers (two rooms). Thought I'd better call just to be sure and glad I did. The reservations desk said that the confirmation numbers in the email were not valid confirmation numbers that they used and, in fact, that rooms and prices were not available that far in advance (March of 2013), to call back on such and such date. Each time I called I was given the same story - not available yet, call back on such and such date. That's what initiated my original post. I did a "mock" reservation online yesterday and it appears that the reservations would have gone through but the prices are about double the $75.00 for March 2013 - that's spring break time. I made other back up reservations just in case we were not able to get Gaido's and we have decided to stick with those. Glad I did.

Good luck !!

bdkb - You probably need to CALL Gaido's and verify that you actually have reservations.

Wow, glad I called. Just like you stated, front desk had no info on me and said she had nobody checking in on that day. I asked to speak to a manager at that point. Chris, the desk manager did confirm I was not in the system for a reservation but I was in the their data base. He was wonderful and put my reservation in for arrival on Good Friday and checking out on Easter Sunday for the $75.00 rate. He also sent me a new confirmation which looks nothing like my original.

He did explain that over the summer they were switching the online booking agent they use and it appeared I made my reservation during the time of their conversion. So my info made it into the database but my reservation didn't make it to their calendar. Anybody who made reservations back in Aug may want to double check them. That would have been a nightmare to show up and not have a room, especially since we arrive Easter weekend.

bdkb Glad I mentioned this then. Hope you enjoy your stay there and have a great cruise!! :)

WOW...this is one reason I love CC !! I made our reservations back in July through the hotel online website. When I read the comments everyone made about their reservations not showing, I called this afternoon. The reservation desk did show our name/address but no reservations or dates.:eek: The man I spoke with was really nice and took all the reservation info. I gave him from my "confirmation email" including the price and put our reservations on the books! Plus new confirmation emails are on the way. WHEW! :DThanks everyone for the "heads up".... I always call and confirm my reservations about 3 weeks in advance of a trip ~ it would have been awful to call and find out we did not have any.

bdkb - You probably need to CALL Gaido's and verify that you actually have reservations. Hopefully you do, but in my experience, you probably don't if you were relying on the website. I tried to make reservations through the website back in late July or August as well. The reservations never appeared to be completed online but I received emails with confirmation numbers (two rooms). Thought I'd better call just to be sure and glad I did. The reservations desk said that the confirmation numbers in the email were not valid confirmation numbers that they used and, in fact, that rooms and prices were not available that far in advance (March of 2013), to call back on such and such date. Each time I called I was given the same story - not available yet, call back on such and such date. That's what initiated my original post. I did a "mock" reservation online yesterday and it appears that the reservations would have gone through but the prices are about double the $75.00 for March 2013 - that's spring break time. I made other back up reservations just in case we were not able to get Gaido's and we have decided to stick with those. Glad I did.

Good luck !!

Thanks for the info. I tried calling today and they can only look 30 days out on their computer so they couldn't verify my reservation that is in 36 days. Needless to say I will be calling back to verify.

Thanks for the info. I tried calling today and they can only look 30 days out on their computer so they couldn't verify my reservation that is in 36 days. Needless to say I will be calling back to verify.

Hmmm, interesting. I called about our mid January reservations yesterday, after following this thread. She confirmed our arrangements (made on-line last August) and we are probably 45 or more days out. Must depend on who you speak with... either that, or they have a glitchy reservation system.

BTW, appreciate the heads up!

Cindy

Don't know why they told you that, they were able to look at reservations for the end of March when I called. So they should be able to look at your date. I would call back and ask to speak to a manager.

Glad my original question has helped some of you with your reservations/confirmations. I've just never had that much trouble getting consistent information or information at all. :rolleyes: Hope they get their issues resolved soon or they will be losing lots of business.

Archived