price matching

belkin

We usually book early saver. We are looking at booking a couple of cruises that have an Exotic Sailing Rate which is cheaper than the ES rate.

Would we book ES and ask for a price match to the Exotic Sailing Rate? Or would we book the Exotic Sailing Rate which is cheaper? I have never seen a rate cheaper than ES before.

It is a good question, probably best answered by picking up the phone and calling.

I would be under the impression it would be best to book Early Saver, then price match against the current Exotic Sailing Rate. This way you still have the price protection.

From what is written about the Early Saver Rate:

http://www.carnival.com/specials/early-saver.aspx

Price Protection: Price protection applies to new Early Saver bookings only and requires payment of a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit. Applies to cruise fare only. Applies only to a Carnival.com or Carnival advertised fare available to the general public and excludes group rates, membership programs, charters or other Travel Agent promotions not offered by Carnival to the general public, including but not limited to travel agent rebates.

Seems like the Exotic Sailing Rate should be a rate that you can price match against.

I plan on asking a Carnival rep tomorrow but I am thinking I will book the ES rate and price match to the Exotic Sailing Rate.

Best thing to do since that way you will get lowest prices up to 2 days before sailing~ with the exotic sailing rate you get nothing after final payment!

Archived