New Carnival Gift Cards

Chef P

*New* Carnival Gift Card Program

The Carnival Gift Card is a pre-paid gift card similar to a gift certificate that you can use as payment towards your clients’ cruise booking on twenty-three out of our twenty four ships (not accepted onboard the Carnival Spirit) or toward your clients’ onboard spending accounts.

The program will launch onDecember 5, 2012 and will be featured in GoCCL.com and Carnival.com. You may also access carnivalgiftcards.com.

Carnival Gift Cards are more convenient than cash or a paper gift certificate.

Please note this program replaces the Carnival Fun Ship Dollars program, which will be discontinued in December of 2012. That said, all FunShipDollar certificates purchased prior to December 5, 2012 will be honored. Any outstanding FunshipDollars may be redeemed as payment towards a cruise or as an onboard credit by filling out the online redemption form found on our web site atwww.carnival.com/funshiprequest.

Well, that certainly explains why the online ordering has been disabled.

I think I like the gift card aspect of it.

AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT CARRY A FEE, LOL

I am also curious about expiration with them using a gift card.

Will it be good forever if so will you lose $ for not using it for XX amount of time.

I know my late father in law had received gift cards for a chain and after 1 year they charged a non-use fee.

Is there a link for this new program?

www.carnivalgiftcards.com

but it wont be up and running until Dec. 5th

and I bet they are banking on people loosing these cards, as I am sure they will non refundable, non replacable ......yadda yadda yadda....lol

I know people who lost their Future Cruise Credit vouchers, but they cancelled that program.

That doesn't prove anything, I guess... just sayin'. :p

• 1 month later...

From Carnival's website:

The Carnival Gift Card is a pre-paid gift card similar to a gift certificate that can be used as payment toward a cruise booking or toward your onboard spending account. The gift card may be purchased (at http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com)and redeemed (http://www.carnival.com) online or directly onboard. It's more convenient than cash or a paper gift certificate.

Our son bought us a $400 gift card for Christmas. We didn't even get a card, just an e-mail. On Christmas Day we booked a cruise and used that $400 toward the deposit. There was a place to check if you have a gift card.

We actually bought my DS and BIL a gift card for Christmas. Bought it Friday nite before Christmas and got the card in the mail on Monday. We are going on a cruise together in Sept.

Archived