Best Kauai Helicoptour Tour Provider???

tbenson81

Anyone have any insight or experiences?

The 2 I have heard most about are Air-Kauai and Inter-Island.

Is there a unanimous best? Which has the best helicoptors?

Someone earlier mentioned Jack harter, but we are a little leary after their fatal crash in 2003 that killed 5 tourists.

Thanks

Tony

I honestly can't remember which helicopter company we used last year. The helicopters weren't the newest or fanciest but we liked the option to land at a private waterfall and have lunch. Also we were able to fly with the doors off for a better view (scary at first) and the real clincher for us was that they wouldn't charge 1-1/2 to 2 times the regular rate for my dh who is a bit over 250 lbs. We were very happy though. Look for the one that advertises the stop at the waterfall...they are the only ones that we found that did that. Honestly I believe that most all of the Kauai helicopter companies are quite reputable....they fly these tours A LOT! It is amazing how many helicopters are flying around that little island.

I was just in Hawaii on the Island Princess cruise. We took a helicopter ride with Safari and really liked them. I booked the ride via the internet and saved a lot of money!! We paid $139pp+tax for a 55 minute ride. It was spectacular and Kauai is the best island for a ride. I highly recommend Safari!

Archived