The new VIFP catagories

dmart82

With the new break down my husband was a gold member is now just a red cat. ,with just 4 days short of gold. I have my gold status because i had cruised with carnival before i was married. We are going to get two seperate rooms with our 2 kids, so i question is will he still get the gold benefits that we has had in the past (like the past guest with drinks party) or will he have to get the gold status first. He is very upset about this, he says "how can they take my status back that i had already earned before they change the past guest break down". I know if we where in the same cabin he would get any benefits that I have but before our two kids are 13 & 18 so they have to put one of us on each cabin, so he will not get my benefits. Any info would help. I know i could call Carnival but every time a call it seams that I am on hold 30 plus minutes. I have a cruise booked for march 31st, so maybe my husband will want to go back to one cabin depending on your anwsers. We have always booked just 1 room for the 4 of us and wanted a little more space this time. My travel agent put the rooms are on a hold and I was gonna call her on Monday with my credit card info. So i would like to decide what we are gonna do before i call Monday.

With the new break down my husband was a gold member is now just a red cat. ,with just 4 days short of gold. I have my gold status because i had cruised with carnival before i was married. We are going to get two seperate rooms with our 2 kids, so i question is will he still get the gold benefits that we has had in the past (like the past guest with drinks party) or will he have to get the gold status first. He is very upset about this, he says "how can they take my status back that i had already earned before they change the past guest break down". I know if we where in the same cabin he would get any benefits that I have but before our two kids are 13 & 18 so they have to put one of us on each cabin, so he will not get my benefits. Any info would help. I know i could call Carnival but every time a call it seams that I am on hold 30 plus minutes. I have a cruise booked for march 31st, so maybe my husband will want to go back to one cabin depending on your anwsers. We have always booked just 1 room for the 4 of us and wanted a little more space this time. My travel agent put the rooms are on a hold and I was gonna call her on Monday with my credit card info. So i would like to decide what we are gonna do before i call Monday.

How long is the cruise you want to book?

If you transition into the next level up during your cruise - you get the benefits at the start of the cruise.

For example, if it's a 5-7 day cruise, he would definitely be a Gold for the cruise. Not sure for a 4 day cruise, if he's 4 days short.

Either way though - DH and I were in the similar situation on our last cruise - I was Gold, he was Red, we just gave them my invitation and both walked in to the party. No issues or hassles.

And everyone Red or above gets the Free Drink coupon.

Jenn

How long is the cruise you want to book?

If you transition into the next level up during your cruise - you get the benefits at the start of the cruise.

For example, if it's a 5-7 day cruise, he would definitely be a Gold for the cruise. Not sure for a 4 day cruise, if he's 4 days short.

Either way though - DH and I were in the similar situation on our last cruise - I was Gold, he was Red, we just gave them my invitation and both walked in to the party. No issues or hassles.

And everyone Red or above gets the Free Drink coupon.

Jenn

This is the way I understand it too!

HOWEVER... Per the brand ambassador... "NO ONE will lose any benefits under the new plan" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm a little confused. Will DH be four days short before this cruise or after this cruise?

As for booking cabins with kids, you do NOT have to book a parent in each room as long as the kids are across the hall, next door, or within a few cabins away. We have done this several times, so I know for a fact. We booked our DSs in their own inside cabin and DH and me in our own balcony cabin across the hall.

That is great news, we will be sailing on 7 day cruise so he will make his Gold status during the trip, my husband will be happy to here this. I am happy because I didn't want to be all in one cabin, I was looking forward to doing two cabins for the first time. We care gonna switch people around and put the 18 & 13 yr old in one and me and my hubby in one after we check in, (the rooms are right next door to each other so i can keep a good eye on them). But glad that my hubby and i will have some private time alone this time.

Star gate Fan that is very interesting, my travel agent thought we would have to split us up on the booking, will call her on Monday and ask her about this. Can they make it so all 4 door keys work in either cabin? That would work the best for us, especially checking up on them when they least except it.

Star gate Fan that is very interesting, my travel agent thought we would have to split us up on the booking, will call her on Monday and ask her about this. Can they make it so all 4 door keys work in either cabin? That would work the best for us, especially checking up on them when they least except it.

Tell your TA that this is what you want to do and have him/her call Carnival if he/she does not believe you.

Extra keys to both cabins can be obtained from Guest Services upon embarkation.

Archived