? About days on Alaskan cruise.

okbookgirl

I'm doing a Seattle to Seattle cruise next year. 7 nights with one sea day, second day of cruise is the full sea day, But at lest 2 half days in port where back on ship by afternoon. Does anyone remember what night the formal night was?

I'm trying to decide whether to make a steakhouse reservation and if so what night.

Also I'm thinking about trying to do the behind the fun tour, can you reserve that before hand or do you have to do it on board and if so when?

TIA

I'm doing a Seattle to Seattle cruise next year. 7 nights with one sea day, second day of cruise is the full sea day, But at lest 2 half days in port where back on ship by afternoon. Does anyone remember what night the formal night was?

I'm trying to decide whether to make a steakhouse reservation and if so what night.

Also I'm thinking about trying to do the behind the fun tour, can you reserve that before hand or do you have to do it on board and if so when?

TIA

Example on Princess the first formal is the first sea day . The second formal is the day before you arrive in Victoria.

If I had it to do over, I would book either the earlies possible reservation for steakhouse on Victoria night, have nice dinner then visit the town

I had late sitting so we missed dinner due to the Victoria evening port time

the buffet was a zoo when we got back on the ship, not good food and very crowded due to everyone who missed dining room dinner due to the odd port time.

You might also want to book the first night as you would get a free bottle of wine to share between two people if that works for you (doesn't work for me as I cruise with a group)

I think it was nights 2 & 6 (I cruised that itinerary in 2011); however, don't be surprised if there is not a huge amount of participation on formal night. In general, I found the Alaska cruise much more laid back in terms of dress code.

I think it was nights 2 & 6 (I cruised that itinerary in 2011); however, don't be surprised if there is not a huge amount of participation on formal night. In general, I found the Alaska cruise much more laid back in terms of dress code.

Yes. very very informal. 1st "elegant" night people dressed up a bit, 2nd "elegant" night *Ketchikan day ...no real difference

The nights are "long" and light....people dress for comfort...it is a totally different experience but a great experience.

Thanks for the information guys. I was thinking I might do the first night. I wonder if we get to keep the bottle of wine? If we get a red then my dad will be drinking alone and I doubt he could drink a whole bottle in one meal.

I'll book the tour ASAP. My dad LOVES boats. Last time I was running around from activity to activity and he spent loads of time just watching the crew and the day to day running of the ship.

Archived