Excursions through Carnival ? Thanks!!

lilmsonry

We are a family of 5. Question-if only 2 of us are booking the excursion through carnival, do we all get off the ship at the same time (earlier than others not booking excursion) or will they split us up? I don't want my family being split up. Would appreciate all experiences;) and opinions! Thanks!!

Sounds like you will be split up anyway. But in answer to your question it's a "maybe" you will be split up. If they booked the first excursion and it's a tender port they will get off with that group and you cannot get on with them. If it's a walk off port, yes you can hang by their meeting point,usually on the ship, sometimes at the port deck, and go with them until they leave for their excursion. Some exursions allow you to go and be an onlooker usually for a smaller fee or the same fee. All this depends on what you booked. Say in the Sting Ray City, you don't have to get off the boat and kiss those stingrays. You can stay on the boat and snap photos of someone in your group kissing them. Is this what you wanted to know?

We are a family of 5. Question-if only 2 of us are booking the excursion through carnival, do we all get off the ship at the same time (earlier than others not booking excursion) or will they split us up? I don't want my family being split up. Would appreciate all experiences;) and opinions! Thanks!!

Your signature shows that your on the Ecstasy,they dont use tenders so you can all get off at the same time..However being that they booked Carnival excursions once they get off the ship they will be boarding busses to which ever excursion they booked.Hope this helps!:)

If the ship will use a Tender to get you ashore because the ship has to anchor out, then only the 2 of you will be off the ship first if you have an earily excursion, you meet in a lounge and they call your number of your excusion, you follow everyone to a tender. Everyone else will have to wait till all excursion paks leave first, so they have a priority list.

If the ship moors along side a pier then you all leave when ever you want together.

Sorry, my bad....should have told you in 1st post. The excursion would be the dolphin swim at Chankanaab (sp??). Was wondering if we would all go to Chankanaab at the same time. The excursion, if I understand right, does include the entrance fee. I know the 3 not taking the excursion would have to pay the entrance fee, but just wanting to know if we could all go together to Chankanaab or if we will be separated. :) Thanks to all that have answered my unclear post!;)

Because the two people who have the excursion with Carnival those people have transportation provided to them. THe other 3 will be needing to take a cab. This is Cozumel- you all can walk off together. Have the three take a cab and meet you at the entrance. You will be split up anyways once you get to the park. You can meet when your excursion is over.

I'll be interested to know whether, after the dolphin swim, you can stay with your other 3 family members or not. We wanted to do just that - book Carnival's dolphin swim and then just stay at Chankanaab and get back to the ship on our own. We called Carnival and were told "no." Guess that makes sense - they are probably liable for the passengers signing up for that excursion.

I have a similar request in Belize. We are taking Carnival's morning excursion to Goff's Caye, which gets back to the ship 12:30 or so. I want to know, if we're having a good time, when it's time for us to return if we can stay the afternoon and return with the afternoon excursion passengers.

Anyone attempted anything like I'm suggesting?

I'll be interested to know whether, after the dolphin swim, you can stay with your other 3 family members or not. We wanted to do just that - book Carnival's dolphin swim and then just stay at Chankanaab and get back to the ship on our own. We called Carnival and were told "no." Guess that makes sense - they are probably liable for the passengers signing up for that excursion.

I have a similar request in Belize. We are taking Carnival's morning excursion to Goff's Caye, which gets back to the ship 12:30 or so. I want to know, if we're having a good time, when it's time for us to return if we can stay the afternoon and return with the afternoon excursion passengers.

Anyone attempted anything like I'm suggesting?

Not 100% sure about either one, but I thought I read that you would have the option to stay longer at Chankanaab if you wanted and just take a taxi back later; since you already paid for admission you should be able to enjoy the park after the dolphin swim.

As far as Belize, the Goff's Caye excursions were popular and sold out when we sailed so there wasn't any room for extra passengers. I would think, in Belize, the answer would be no because of the limited space in the excursion boat.

. We called Carnival and were told "no." Guess that makes sense - they are probably liable for the passengers signing up for that excursion.?

youcould call carnival with the same question and get various answers. Just let the driver know that you willbe staying at the park. That way they wont be waiting for you... or head back to the bus and wait til they are ready to go. I dont see why you couldnt stay at the park longer. You DID pay admissions.

Archived