Bar ticket-alcohol

missygirl

I see on Carnival site where I can get a 4-drink coupon with drinks being $5.75...will anyone that has purchased this tell me the pros and cons instead of just buying a drink at a time?

Also can we purchase a bottle of alcohol before we board to have waiting in the room? I see where we can wine but could not find anything about rum or vodka.

Thanks for any help.

I purchase drink tickets for every cruise. Every payday before the cruise I buy myself a booklet, this helps in lowering the bill at the end of the cruise, because it's paid upfront which is another plus! You do save the 15% gratuity each time you use the ticket, as it is included in the ticket price. You want to be sure to buy a drink that is ATLEAST $5.75 or you will lose money. If you purchase a drink that is more than your ticket, then you pay the difference and the 15% tip on the amount of the difference. BTW, if you do not use up all of your tickets, save them for a future cruise. They will be accepted on anyship, anytime.

As for the liquor bottle purchase, I beleive this is only on some ships, and quite costly. Do a few searches on these threads, there are many ways you can go about getting that liquor on board, if you chosse to do so. :p

I see on Carnival site where I can get a 4-drink coupon with drinks being $5.75...will anyone that has purchased this tell me the pros and cons instead of just buying a drink at a time?

Also can we purchase a bottle of alcohol before we board to have waiting in the room? I see where we can wine but could not find anything about rum or vodka.

Thanks for any help.

I purchased the coupons thru my Carnival Master Charge points. It cost 4400 points for the 4 drinks and 4 sodas. This is offered on my charge card site as a reward redemption. I have a lot of points, so why not use them to save us some money on the cruise. I will have a glass of Merlot with each drink ticket and my hubby will use the soda coupons to add as a mixer to his rum that we have waiting in our room from Bon Voyage. You do not get a glass of soda, you get a whole can for that coupon. You have to call Bon Voyage for the bottle of liquor. It can't be ordered on line at Carnival's site. I believe it is about $45.00 for the liter, and it is expensive, but a lot cheaper then buying single drinks on board. I believe that the number to call for Bon Voyage is 1-800-522-7648. Please check this number out, as I am not positive. You can check this out with a "search" on the boards.

Archived