What did you do at Meet & Mingle?

CarrieP

Usually it is a gathering to meet all the people you have been talking with on these boards. Now you can put a face to their usernames. It's usually alot of fun, and then when you run into them again during the cruise you can chat and visit. It's just another way to meet friends. Sometimes, rccl will set out cookies and coffee and there again, I've been to some where nothing is served. Usually the Loyalty Ambassador will come in along with the group coordinator and cruise director. Very few occasions has the Captain shown up, but it happens. I've been to some that they will have drawings and give away some royal caribbean items. (lots of fun)

What ship will you be on?

Linda

CarrieP

I do know that on the Voyager class ships they usually have it upstairs in the Viking Crown Lounge and usually they have cookies out and hot tea, coffee (if it's in the morning), and sometimes ice tea, coffee (in the afternoon). They've been having drawings and the prizes are pretty decent. On the Navigator in May one of our cc meet/mingle persons won a aqua mouse. That was really neat. If you've never been to one, please try and attend. You get to meet all your cc friends that you've been talking with.

Enjoy your cruise and the Explorer is a beautiful ship. You'll have a great time.

Linda

I'm just sad because it doesn't look like we're going to have one on our cruise. We sail on the Rhapsody on June 12, and only have 10 people signed up. This is our first cruise, and I was really looking forward to it.

If you don't have enough people signed up for an official party, plan one any way by yourselves. A lot of the success of the parties is what the participants put into it in my opinion. On our last cruise, we all planned to bring a $5 grab bag exchange gift. It was supposed to either be a cruise related gift, or something from your home town. It was a lot of fun and was a success because of our roll call board, not anything that the cruise line put together for us.

We had a two strong leaders in our M&M group and they helped make our M&M a wonderful party. Based on the suggestion of one of our group we all brought a gift (up to $15) representative of where we lived and then we had a gift exchange during the M&M. To make it more fun, everyone/couple was given a number and when your number was called you went up to select a wrapped gift, after opening the package you could keep it or go take someone else's gift and give them yours. The person who opened the first gift is invited at the end to swap gifts with anyone. It was alot of fun.

Handy hints: Keep in mind the weight of the gift and don't wrap it in advance if you are coming by air. Most people in our group used gift bags.

RCCL provided snacks and punch (non-alcoholic). A few logo gifts were provided and drawn for before the gift exchange began.

Our group just became an official M/M party and RCCL will have a place & time for us on board, BUT, there are about 6 or 7 couples that are staying at the same hotel in Florida for 2 days before the cruise and we will have our own get together before we even get on the ship!!! I love the idea of the gift exchange from our home towns, so far we are a pretty deversified group, from Canada to Texas and Florida to California- we should have some wonderful momentos of our new friends- I'm gonna suggest this to my fellow cruisers. We are sailing the BOS out of Miami for 11 day Panama Canal on April 17, 2006-- If anyone else would like to join us we're gonna have a GREAT time!!

During our Meet & Mingle party last October aboard the Explorer, we had finger foods and beverages, an update on RCCL happenings and drawings for RCCL and Cruise Critic-related prizes - and I won dinner for two at Portofino's Restaurant!

Cindy

Sounds great Cindy... Hope they do a portofino's drawing at our M&M (if enough people sign up that is..)

During our Meet & Mingle party last October aboard the Explorer, we had finger foods and beverages, an update on RCCL happenings and drawings for RCCL and Cruise Critic-related prizes - and I won dinner for two at Portofino's Restaurant!

Cindy

I think most people just simply don't know about Meet and Mingle- I just recently found Cruise Critic and it's a wonderful asset- I wish I had seen it before our first cruise as we just found out a lot of things on that trip by trial and error. Now when I come to this site I can find the answers to so many questions.

Maybe the cruiselines should start pointing passengers in this direction to publicize this kind of get-together.

Majesty of the Seas 8/03

Sovereign of the Seas 12/03

HAl Zuiderdam 8/04

Mariner of the Seas 7/31/05 - - roll on.:)

The M&M on the Navigator last year was fun because we got to meet so many people that I'd been talking to on the Roll Call forum for months! Captain Bang came for a while along with some of his staff. We had a raffle drawing for various nice items and one couple won dinner with the Captain on the second formal night. After meeting so many nice people, we ran into them a lot during the cruise and never felt like we were among strangers. :)

Naren's answer is: we met and we mingled :p

Jen's answer is: we hung out with our CC pals, and we got to see what they looked like, and we got to exchange fun stories about cruising, and how we got there. Some of us didn't make it :eek:

You'll have a great time! :D

Archived