noise above the aft lounge due to activities

azcruzers

Typically, it's the comedy club or karaoke. The comedy shows run pretty late, with the adults only shows ending sometime after midnight. I think karaoke runs until about midnight on the nights they have it. I haven't stayed above the aft lounge before, so I don't know if the noise is an issue.

On our last cruise, we had an aft cabin on the Liberty. We were on deck 6. There's a lounge just below on deck 5. On certain nights, there was karaoke singning, which made it a little difficult to get to sleep (if you didn't want to stay up late). I would guess that even on the Triumph, this could be a potential problem. I'd say, if you've got your heart set on an aft cabin, consider deck 7 (Empress deck). That way, you've got cabins above and below you. It would be much quieter.

We had cabin 6442 on the Valor (and have the identical cabin on Glory in January) which is directly above the aft lounge.

It was not an issue for us as we typically attend all of the comedy shows.

We did occasionally notice noise from the disco (slightly forward of the aft lounge), but it was never a hindrance to sleep. If you are perchance a light sleeper, some Mack's earplugs might be a wise purchase.

Archived