iOS 12/16/12: LOTS of questions for a family of six!

Mpeter1569

We will be sailing in the Indy for 6 nights with four kids, three 14 year olds and a 12 year old. Have a few questions....

First, anyone do the swim with dolphins excursion in either Grand Cayman or Ochos Rios? Kids really want to do this but with four we want to make sure it is worth the money. Should we book ourselves or thru the ship? Jamaica makes me a bit nervous. Maybe I've read too many reviews or maybe that's a good thing. Any other suggestions of excursions in these two ports?

Next, dinner time attire. My kids don't want to dress up every night. No shorts but they want to know if nice jeans and a nice pullover is acceptable in the MDR. We plan to do one formal night.

We currently have inside cabins that adjoin. We are on deck six forward. Anyone been in this location? Noisy? Movement? I wanted adjoining and it was the last they had.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. We are looking forward to this trip and want to make the best of it for our large family. Thanks!

I can't personally comment on the dolphin excursion, but my table mates on my Navigator cruise last year and loved it! They booked through the ship and also did Dunns River Falls. They weren't really sure what to expect at the falls, and were surprised by how strenuous is was. I did the falls last year and loved it! I wouldn't be too worried about Jamaica, you just have to be careful.

As for dinner, I'm 17 and what I wore every night was a nice pair khaki or black pants and a polo. For formal night I would wear a nice button up shirt and a tie.

I wouldn't be too worried about the cabins, although they are right above the theater. Do you really NEED adjoining cabins? You could just get cabins right next to each other and could have more options as far as location.

Ask any other questions, and have a great cruise! :)

My family (myself, husband, 26 year old daughter, 22 years old son, his 21 year old girlfriend and our 15 year old son) will be on that same cruise 12/16. This is our first cruise. The 15 year old will be wearing a jacket and tie on the formal nights and maybe just a nice shirt with or without tie on the non formal nights. Are the 14 year olds girls or boys?

We did the dolphin swim combined with Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios and loved it. We booked through the ship since it was our first time in Jamaica and we knew doing both of these would make for a long excursion so the peace of mind of not worrying about missing the ship was our reasoning for booking this through the cruise line. Not sure if that is something that might interest you but we really enjoyed being able to do both the Falls and the dolphins. The dolphin swim was fun and the grounds at the park (I can't remember the name, sorry) were quite nice. I've never done the dolphins in Grand Cayman so I can't compare the two but I would definately reccommend the swim in Ocho Rios.

Archived