5% onboard discount

ging466

I had previously booked a cruise for September 2013 and when I was recently on the Shadow asked for the 5% onboard discount to be applied and it was.

This week I've discovered that my work commitments will not allow me to travel and have asked for the booking to be transferred to a B2B voyage in February 2014 instead.

Response from SS was "since this will be considered a NEW BOOKING and you are not currently onboard - you will lose the onboard discount".

I've already lost the $500 OBC (which I really liked) due to the new pricing schedule and now the 5% saving.

I'm a bit peeved by it...what are your thoughts on this and would u be annoyed?

Cheers

Jennifer

I would go back to SS again. Unless this is a brand new policy, I know I have changed the date of a cruise and had the onboard credit as well as any deposits move along to the new cruise reservation.

My TA told me that this is due to the new pricing that came in recently. My TA wasn't very impressed either.

Cheers

Jennifer

I am in the same situation - I'd like to roll over my 5% onboard discount to a different cruise so this news doesn't thrill me. Between Silversea not answering my request for single supplement rate quote, and losing my discount, I am beginning to be a very unhappy camper. The only offset to this is that all the other cruiselines that I have been browsing seem to have put their prices up too ... sigh ...

I'd be annoyed too.

I suggest you ask your TA to contact SS once again, and to put forward that you paid your deposit PRIOR to them announcing their new fare structure, and that you feel it's unfair for them to change the terms in this way when you paid in good faith knowing from previous experience how it worked. It's not your fault that SS has since changed policy.

Let us know how you get on. (And btw, if your local SS office stands firm, I would take it higher).

My TA has gone into bat for me and we have scored! The 5% has been transferred to the new voyages...yay!

Whilst I'm happy with the result, I'm annoyed that SS took this stance in the first place especially considering I was moving a 11 day cruise to a 25 day cruise.

Anyone thinking of moving from one voyage to another, make sure u check this stupid new policy of SS and don't take no for an answer.

Cheers

Jennifer

My TA has gone into bat for me and we have scored! The 5% has been transferred to the new voyages...yay!

Whilst I'm happy with the result, I'm annoyed that SS took this stance in the first place especially considering I was moving a 11 day cruise to a 25 day cruise.

Anyone thinking of moving from one voyage to another, make sure u check this stupid new policy of SS and don't take no for an answer.

Cheers

Jennifer

Thanks for posting this. My TA is away this week so I haven't yet asked her to change my booking, but now I am armed with this knowledge, I can ask her to push for my 5% to be rolled over.

I had previously booked a cruise for September 2013 and when I was recently on the Shadow asked for the 5% onboard discount to be applied and it was.

Not sure I understand having only been on one previous SS cruise, I have 3 booked, 1 in 2013 and 2 in 2014. When I am on the next one can I ask the cruise consultant onboard to give me a 5% discount on the next one which at that point will have already been booked for months? All are on the Silver Explorer if that changes anything?

-------------------

Helen

When I am on the next one can I ask the cruise consultant onboard to give me a 5% discount on the next one which at that point will have already been booked for months?
Yes.

We just got off the Whisper this week and Iwona, the onboard Cruise Consultant, confirmed that she notified our TA of an additional 5% discount for our previously booked 2013 cruise because we visited with her. The credit hasn't hit our credit card yet, but we just got off the ship Monday.

Not sure I understand having only been on one previous SS cruise, I have 3 booked, 1 in 2013 and 2 in 2014. When I am on the next one can I ask the cruise consultant onboard to give me a 5% discount on the next one which at that point will have already been booked for months? All are on the Silver Explorer if that changes anything?

-------------------

Helen

Hi Ms Understood

Being on Silver Explorer doesn't change anything. As soon as u r onboard, go to the Cruise Consultant and ask for the 5% to be applied to your next booking. This is exactly what I did.

It was later that I had the problem with moving the discount to another voyage.

Cheers

Jennifer

Our next 4 SS sailings are on the Explorer.We already had the on board discount for march 13.We booked B2B on the Explorer for 2014 a week before boarding the Cloud.Saw the cruise consultant the second day of the cruise and she gave us the OBD for those itineraries.

She then said I see you dont have the OBD for your august 13 trip and gave us the discount on that as well.

So definitely ask.

Our next 4 SS sailings are on the Explorer.We already had the on board discount for march 13.We booked B2B on the Explorer for 2014 a week before boarding the Cloud.Saw the cruise consultant the second day of the cruise and she gave us the OBD for those itineraries. She then said I see you dont have the OBD for your august 13 trip and gave us the discount on that as well.

So definitely ask.

Hi drron29

What u have described above was not my issue.

My issue all started because I had to cancel my September 2013 voyage and wanted to move to another in February 2014. SS did not want to carry the 5% OB savings to the February booking. As I said in an earlier post, this has now been rectified.

Cheers

Jennifer

Archived